The Student Room Group

Medical Science

Hi!

I'm looking to apply for Medsci with predicted AAAB and A* (already achieved) to go into graduate medicine later on. (my AS grades weren't too good- ABCD)

I am involved in a several extracurriculars, such as Prefect, Head of House, Head of Charity, 3 medical work experiences (1 abroad), CAS & DofE.

I'm currently writing my personal statement and I'm not sure how to write about wanting to do medical science / biomedical science without sounding like I just want to do it because I failed to get the grades necessary for entry into Medicine (not true).

Do you have any advice?
Original post by Jojoyared98
Hi!

I'm looking to apply for Medsci with predicted AAAB and A* (already achieved) to go into graduate medicine later on. (my AS grades weren't too good- ABCD)

I am involved in a several extracurriculars, such as Prefect, Head of House, Head of Charity, 3 medical work experiences (1 abroad), CAS & DofE.

I'm currently writing my personal statement and I'm not sure how to write about wanting to do medical science / biomedical science without sounding like I just want to do it because I failed to get the grades necessary for entry into Medicine (not true).

Do you have any advice?

If you want to do Medicine, why not apply as an undergrad. Work on getting AAA, take a gap year and apply. Much more straightforward (not too mention cheaper and less competitive) than grad entry medicine.
Original post by Jojoyared98
Hi!

Do you have any advice?

Why do you want to do medicine as a graduate? It's a lot more competitive, expensive and its future is uncertain...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ForestCat
If you want to do Medicine, why not apply as an undergrad. Work on getting AAA, take a gap year and apply. Much more straightforward (not too mention cheaper and less competitive) than grad entry medicine.

I am trying to get AAA and apply for 2017, but still applying this year in case I don't get AAA in summer.

If I do get the grades, then I will take a gap year and apply as an undergrad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending