The Student Room Group

Graduate entry dentistry

I am thinking of applying to grad entry dentistry by doing a medical science course since I do BTEC Applied Science.
Do I have higher chances of getting into dentistry by doing a medical science/biological sciences related course or an oral health/ dentistry related course?
i know my undergrad uni which offers GED are prioritizing those who've done a dental related course over science
Reply 2
Original post by applesandalevels
i know my undergrad uni which offers GED are prioritizing those who've done a dental related course over science

Oh which uni is this?
Original post by rida886
Oh which uni is this?

i probs shouldn't say bc it's not facts but it's what my lectures have said and based on ppl who got in this year for bds my friend said half have done dental therapy or smth dental related compared to one of my friends in her final year where majority of ppl had done a science/medical related degree
but i think all ged will start focusing on dental courses it makes more sense to do so since you have a background in it but that doesn't mean it's impossible to get in with a science or medical related degree
im also applying for bds ged, i did a dental course for my bsc and also msc
Reply 5
Original post by applesandalevels
i probs shouldn't say bc it's not facts but it's what my lectures have said and based on ppl who got in this year for bds my friend said half have done dental therapy or smth dental related compared to one of my friends in her final year where majority of ppl had done a science/medical related degree
but i think all ged will start focusing on dental courses it makes more sense to do so since you have a background in it but that doesn't mean it's impossible to get in with a science or medical related degree

Okay thank you so much
Reply 6
Hi
Please could anyone advise if it is required to declare alevel grades when applying to dentistry as a graduate? (This is only for the unis that don’t look at alevels e.g., kcl need a 2.1 minimum and no alevel requirements). I’m thinking of not putting my alevel grades on UCAS as they are quite bad…
Please let me know thanks!!
Reply 7
Original post by izaa29
Hi
Please could anyone advise if it is required to declare alevel grades when applying to dentistry as a graduate? (This is only for the unis that don’t look at alevels e.g., kcl need a 2.1 minimum and no alevel requirements). I’m thinking of not putting my alevel grades on UCAS as they are quite bad…
Please let me know thanks!!

its not but they can probably already see them/ check them if they really wanted to

Quick Reply

Latest