Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Original post by Gilo98
Safe to say I've given up on it now. Good luck lol

from my solution bank
Original post by TeeEm
from my solution bank

Thank you for taking the time to upload to solution, it has inspired me to have one last go before opening up the file and having a look. If I am still unsuccessful I will slowly cheat and look at the solutions line by line until I get it. I still havent made much progress with the trig proof either - i cant seem to get rid of the square root of the square root without having silly powers of x
Reply 1462
Original post by Gilo98
Thank you for taking the time to upload to solution, it has inspired me to have one last go before opening up the file and having a look. If I am still unsuccessful I will slowly cheat and look at the solutions line by line until I get it. I still havent made much progress with the trig proof either - i cant seem to get rid of the square root of the square root without having silly powers of x

look at Q73
http://madasmaths.com/archive/maths_booklets/standard_topics/trigonometry/trigonometric_inverse_functions.pdf

Haven't looked at collisions Q yet but have just looked at trig proof. I can't be annoyed, I would of never thought to have done what you did. The bit I've boxed in blue is what I didn't do, nor would ever think to have done. I'm still not entirely sure how you made the link between the expression and writing it in the form that you did as a square.
Reply 1464
Original post by Gilo98
Haven't looked at collisions Q yet but have just looked at trig proof. I can't be annoyed, I would of never thought to have done what you did. The bit I've boxed in blue is what I didn't do, nor would ever think to have done. I'm still not entirely sure how you made the link between the expression and writing it in the form that you did as a square.

How I made the connection?
Experience rather than intelligence.
I have done some reading in square rooting square roots, which is NOT a guaranteed process, so I look for them.
I agree this is very tough to manipulate.
You are looking at a very hard maths question which will go into one of my Special IYGB papers.
Original post by TeeEm
How I made the connection?
Experience rather than intelligence.
I have done some reading in square rooting square roots, which is NOT a guaranteed process, so I look for them.
I agree this is very tough to manipulate.
You are looking at a very hard maths question which will go into one of my Special IYGB papers.

I cant see many A Level maths students being able to see that tbh. And I dont see you making any progress if you dont do your trick. This is why I like your questions though, I learn somehting unique and new in every Q
Reply 1466
Original post by Gilo98
I cant see many A Level maths students being able to see that tbh. And I dont see you making any progress if you dont do your trick. This is why I like your questions though, I learn somehting unique and new in every Q

this is not for A level students...
this is for 17/18 olds who live and breathe maths.
Original post by TeeEm

lol niche market you have there
Reply 1468
Original post by Gilo98
lol niche market you have there

I do not have a market ... my stuff is free.
Even my site is unique. How many sites have you seen these days without ads?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TeeEm
I do not have a market ... my stuff is free.
Even my site is unique. How many sites have you seen these days without ads?

Oh I don't doubt that you make no money from your site. I can't imagine someone doing the amount of work you do if they did it for money. I wonder how much money websites generate from sites tbh. I imagine it has a lot to do with how many visitors it gets and things like that.
Reply 1470
Original post by Gilo98
Oh I don't doubt that you make no money from your site. I can't imagine someone doing the amount of work you do if they did it for money. I wonder how much money websites generate from sites tbh. I imagine it has a lot to do with how many visitors it gets and things like that.

No site makes money unless they

... sell goods or services
... have ads

(most successful sites make money entirely from ads)
Original post by TeeEm
No site makes money unless they

... sell goods or services
... have ads

(most successful sites make money entirely from ads)

lol i typod in my reply. 'I wonder how much money websites generate from ads tbh. I imagine it has a lot to do with how many visitors it gets and things like that.'
Original post by TeeEm

Not me? :frown:

Also, Advanced Topics seems (at first glance anyway) way too advanced for me. Are you sure undergrads wouldn't enjoy your site too?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1473
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Not me? :frown:

they are for people like him
Original post by TeeEm
they are for people like him

If he's claiming to be 17/18 years old, then he has bigger problems to deal with than vector calculus...
Reply 1475
If he's claiming to be 17/18 years old, then he has bigger problems to deal with than vector calculus...

maybe 17/18 stones?
Original post by TeeEm
maybe 17/18 stones?

What's a stone? When do we learn about it?
Reply 1477
What's a stone? When do we learn about it?

1 stone = 6.35 kg (UK measure of weight)
Original post by TeeEm
1 stone = 6.35 kg (UK measure of weight)

I thought that was a feet?
Reply 1479
I thought that was a feet?

no a foot is what you have at the bottom of your leg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending