The Student Room Group

Do people still watch X factor/Britain's Got Talent?

Hi, I personally don't; it just doesn't interest me at all. But I'm wondering if its a thing that people my age (17) watch. I find it hard to relate to people my age at times and would just like to know out of curiosity. For some reason I doubt people my age watch it as I don't hear people saying 'omg did you watch x factor on saturday' anymore. I feel like its more a younger teen thing but I may be wrong. What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

I used to the first few seasons but not anymore. It does seem like its mainly younger teens who watch it, those who didnt watch the earliest ones and maybe older people. Its not as big as its used to be. I feel like they're just milking it now... there hasnt been a decent band/artist in those shows since I dont know when (probably Emeli Sandé). But yeha people my age (21) never seem to discuss it anymore so I guess they dont watch it.
Reply 2
I sometimes watch it. It's my guilty pleasure :mmm: And i'm 18. But i don't ask people if they've watched it or not. That's just plain stupid :lol:
Original post by driftawaay
I used to the first few seasons but not anymore. It does seem like its mainly younger teens who watch it, those who didnt watch the earliest ones and maybe older people. Its not as big as its used to be. I feel like they're just milking it now... there hasnt been a decent band/artist in those shows since I dont know when (probably Emeli Sandé). But yeha people my age (21) never seem to discuss it anymore so I guess they dont watch it.
I agree with you, its just pretty mind-numbing now
Original post by m3m
I sometimes watch it. It's my guilty pleasure :mmm: And i'm 18. But i don't ask people if they've watched it or not. That's just plain stupid :lol:

Lol :tongue:
Reply 5
It's all a load of rubbish- both of the mentioned shows seem much more fake than they did before. They also have much worse panels of judges than before. Simon Cowell is the only person that I am close to liking, but even he is turning as fake as my local slag's eyebrows.

I like Caroline Flack though...
Reply 6
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Lol :tongue:

Why? :tongue:
Reply 7
I've never watched it. I always thought x factor was chavvy. I only ever knew a few people that watched the finals. Even fb was barren of x factor posts on x factor nights. Now I'd be shocked if someone mentioned the x factor lol.
Original post by m3m
Why? :tongue:
its your guilty pleasure, we've all got one :wink: mine is chocolate :colondollar:
Hi, I personally don't; it just doesn't interest me at all. But I'm wondering if its a thing that people my age (17) watch. I find it hard to relate to people my age at times and would just like to know out of curiosity. For some reason I doubt people my age watch it as I don't hear people saying 'omg did you watch x factor on saturday' anymore. I feel like its more a younger teen thing but I may be wrong. What do you think?

I watch it and find it so great
Original post by Davalla
It's all a load of rubbish- both of the mentioned shows seem much more fake than they did before. They also have much worse panels of judges than before. Simon Cowell is the only person that I am close to liking, but even he is turning as fake as my local slag's eyebrows.

I like Caroline Flack though...
lol I agree with this, I wonder when it will cease
Reply 11
its your guilty pleasure, we've all got one :wink: mine is chocolate :colondollar:

I choose chocolate over x factor. :hand: I feel ashamed for even watching it :cry2: Maybe guilty pleasure was the wrong word. I only watch it occassionally...when i'm bored :colonhash:
Original post by fishnow2
I've never watched it. I always thought x factor was chavvy. I only ever knew a few people that watched the finals. Even fb was barren of x factor posts on x factor nights. Now I'd be shocked if someone mentioned the x factor lol.

ikr. In like 2009 (when me and my friends were 11) it was really big and everyone watched it but now it's kind of fading away and yeah, it does seem pretty low-brow
Original post by Thatawesomegally
I watch it and find it so great
fair enough :smile:
Original post by m3m
I choose chocolate over x factor. :hand: I feel ashamed for even watching it :cry2: Maybe guilty pleasure was the wrong word. I only watch it occassionally...when i'm bored :colonhash:
chocolate ftw :biggrin: haha when you're bored or when there's nothing else on
Reply 15
I've stopped watching it since I was 17. These kinds of shows are getting stale and predictable, there's not much you can do to shake things up either.
I've never watched X Factor, and I used to watch Britain's Got Talent when I was younger, but I got bored of it after a while. My parents still watch BGT though, they seem to love it for some reason :tongue:
ikr. In like 2009 (when me and my friends were 11) it was really big and everyone watched it but now it's kind of fading away and yeah, it does seem pretty low-brow

I watched The X Factor a few times (I'm more open to other cultures than most my friends) but I still found it mind numbingly boring, and it was always in the background while I was on Youtube or on FB so I wasn't even paying attention!
X Factor
- I only watch auditions and boot camp live because tickets are free and not far from where I live so takes care of my boredom during summer
- But when it's aired I don't watch it because it's nowhere near as fun when watching in front of a screen
-Also they take too many breaks which is just long so the whole thing is just long loool

Britain's Got Talent

Lol that show is so annoying
More like Britains Got Attention Seekers

(I'm 17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Nah,that show is so dead.I rather read shakespeare and I actually do.

Quick Reply

Latest