The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninalouise258
Is medify easier than the real thing? Because I'm doing ok on it and I'm surprised... O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally think medify is generally harder, particularly QR and DA
Reply 2361
I'm not doing amazingly but definitely getting better results than hoped for a first proper revision session. I've been putting off practise for a while because I was terrified! I have hope now. QR isn't too bad for me because my degree is in astrophysics but DA and AR scare me. Everyone seems to have done well, it's gonna be tough competition!

Posted from TSR Mobile

when is ur exam?
Hi! UKCAT Exam on Tuesday .im preparing for that. Im using Ukcat practice tool kit. Is that enough or not and also im using Google webs .if u have any link i can cover for 2 days. Let know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2363
Tuesday - I know, very last minute. I wasn't going to apply this year but I've decided to at least try, if anything it can be a practise run. I have 4 weeks until I hand my PhD thesis in so it's all go at the minute! But I'm at a conference this week and using hotel time for UKCAT practise. I should be able to handle the stress if I want to be a doctor (that's what I'm telling myself haha).

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow thats great :smile: good luck, where re u doing ur phd?
Reply 2364
HYMS - medical science; it's a mix of oncology, physics, coding and imaging. A great transition to medicine, I hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sounds great!! im sure it will be :smile:
How much are reapplicants changing their personal statement? About half of mine is completely new stuff but about 1/4 of the other half is exactly the same and 1/4 is te same but reworded. The unis im applying to dont really use ps but i'd hate to be rejected just because I look lazy because I didn't change all of it!
Reply 2366
Medify subscription free to a good home, first come first serve!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2367
Original post by Healthynewlife
How much are reapplicants changing their personal statement? About half of mine is completely new stuff but about 1/4 of the other half is exactly the same and 1/4 is te same but reworded. The unis im applying to dont really use ps but i'd hate to be rejected just because I look lazy because I didn't change all of it!

Also curious about this - I know UCAS have a system where they check your statement for plagiarism against their huge bank of previous statements, so if I used a section of my old statement in my new one would this count as plagiarism?!
Reply 2368
Anybody planning on applying to undergrad schools as a graduate: where would be my best shot with AAB at A Level and a predicted 1st in my degree? I have a high UKCAT but no GAMSAT or BMAT, and I'm finding my options to be really limited (especially as I'm not super keen on going too far north). Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by Grad201X
For the 'Live at home while studying?' question, do you put yes or no if you're intending to get a private place near the uni (i.e. I'm definitely not living at home but probably not at uni accommodation)? Some of my choices offer accommodation to grad medics so I'd rather not totally exclude myself from pursuing that option if I didn't have to if possible.

Put no :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2370
Original post by SPT95
Also curious about this - I know UCAS have a system where they check your statement for plagiarism against their huge bank of previous statements, so if I used a section of my old statement in my new one would this count as plagiarism?!

Yes. If you have used the exact same wording for that paragraph, it is still plagiarism and you will be screened out without question (the system will show that over a certain percentage of your PS is identical to another one, then a committee of sorts will check it and if they find it's the same as your last one, that's the end of the road for you). It's a bit off-topic, but I know of someone who applied to LSE for two years in a row and used sections of his previous personal statement without re-wording them - it was considered plagiarism and got rejected. A bit silly, I agree; just be careful and paraphrase stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Healthynewlife

It's still plagiarism even if it's work you've already written - I can't count how many times I've been told this at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ada_t
Yes. If you have used the exact same wording for that paragraph, it is still plagiarism and you will be screened out without question (the system will show that over a certain percentage of your PS is identical to another one, then a committee of sorts will check it and if they find it's the same as your last one, that's the end of the road for you). It's a bit off-topic, but I know of someone who applied to LSE for two years in a row and used sections of his previous personal statement without re-wording them - it was considered plagiarism and got rejected. A bit silly, I agree; just be careful and paraphrase stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Clunkles
It's still plagiarism even if it's work you've already written - I can't count how many times I've been told this at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No! This is *******s- you can't plagiarise yourself! The system will realise it was you who wrote the PS the year before.
Original post by liam__
No! This is *******s- you can't plagiarise yourself! The system will realise it was you who wrote the PS the year before.

Not sure how well a uni will take just being fed half the same personal statement as last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__

You can plagiarise yourself sadly. Happened to my friend at uni
Original post by Richardjamesford
You can plagiarise yourself sadly. Happened to my friend at uni

UCAS have said that it's ok to do this for your personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
Not sure how well a uni will take just being fed half the same personal statement as last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but that wasn't what was being asked. It's certainly advisable to improve your ps, but there are some GEM courses that don't even look at your PS. UCAS have said that they allow PSs that you have previously used in an application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2377
Original post by HanaGEM
I personally think medify is generally harder, particularly QR and DA

Hi hana, sorry to annoy you, I just wanted to ask you, if u rmeber waht u got in any mocks? I keep getting 600 and so im super scared
Original post by sk88
Hi hana, sorry to annoy you, I just wanted to ask you, if u rmeber waht u got in any mocks? I keep getting 600 and so im super scared

If i can log in Ill check
Reply 2379
Original post by HanaGEM
If i can log in Ill check

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending