The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do please help :/

Hello everyone :frown:
I need someone to help me choose a career that has a demand still and a good salary with the bad GCSE grades I have:
Maths - A
English - C ( Lang & lit )
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - A
Geography - B
RS - B
French - C
DT resistant materials - C
Citizenship - B
ICT - B

Sigh.... Please someone be kind enough to help
Also my A-level subjects are:
Biology
Further maths ( might drop and just do maths )
Physics
Hope to get A A A :/ if possible I'm always put down by my family saying I'll fail :/ and it hurts a lot..
Please someone help
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
I need someone to help me choose a career that has a demand still and a good salary with the bad GCSE grades I have:
Maths - A
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - A
Geography - B
RS - B
French - C
Citizenship - B
ICT - B

Biology
Physics
Hope to get A A A :/ if possible I'm always put down by my family saying I'll fail :/ and it hurts a lot..
Please someone help

Your GCSEs arent bad. And they will be practically useless once you have your A levels. I wouldnt advise choosing a career for money prospects, choose a career based on what you enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
Your GCSEs arent bad. And they will be practically useless once you have your A levels. I wouldnt advise choosing a career for money prospects, choose a career based on what you enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

BUT IM SO CONFUSED GIVE ME SOME IDEAS PLEASE, jobs that still have a high demand and I can get into! please :frown: I'm stressed out
Reply 3
Didn't even know you could do further maths withoIt maths? That's silly I'd change to maths if I were you! It depends on what you enjoy, there's loads of biology related degrees but I only know that because I have researched them as that's what I like. Don't stress, I didn't know what I wanted to do when I had just started AS levels. Once you've got going properly decide what A Level is your favourite and research related degrees and careers. You'll get there!
Original post by jess_12
Didn't even know you could do further maths withoIt maths? That's silly I'd change to maths if I were you! It depends on what you enjoy, there's loads of biology related degrees but I only know that because I have researched them as that's what I like. Don't stress, I didn't know what I wanted to do when I had just started AS levels. Once you've got going properly decide what A Level is your favourite and research related degrees and careers. You'll get there!

OP probably is doing Maths in Yr 12 and FM in yr 13 but their class is known as their FM class. You cant do FM without Maths
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Maths - A
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - A
Geography - B
RS - B
French - C
Citizenship - B
ICT - B

Biology
Physics
Please someone help

Stop thinking of choosing a degree and a job as the same thing! Completely different ! I could do a Biology degree and convert to medicine, or I could go into something like science journalism! Lots of options ! You could even convert to law...

Also,I'd drop further maths if you find it hard, people don't consider how hard A Levels actually are !

You've just started AS. My advise is to focus on getting good grades at AS. You're doing hard subjects, make sure you put the effort in. Also, at A Level Exam technique is everything. So read examiner reports. Also, for Bio, knowing the text book isn't enough, make sure you find as many questions as you can and do them, application is really important.

Your family aren't being helpful, ignore them.

Also no one cares about GCSEs. Well Some Russell unis and medicine do, otherwise no one else really cares.

Good luck, just work hard and don't stress!
Original post by jess_12

further maths is maths and further maths together :biggrin: and thank you but i can't stop stressing do u think i should just focus on getting the grades then bother about that
Reply 7
[QUOTE=RoadtoSuccess;59792251]further maths is maths and further maths together :biggrin: and thank you but i can't stop stressing do u think i should just focus on getting the grades then bother about that

Ah okay I think my school might do it differently! Yeah just focus on the subjects and you'll start to work out what one is your favourite and what aspects you enjoy and then you'll work out a career path right for you. You have over a year it's not worth worrying about yet promise!

Quick Reply

Latest