The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HanaGEM
I think mine just said degree, i put the uni as awarding organisation, ididnt put modules but some people have

Thank you!!

----

Just wondering, how important is it to put down the scores for each module for the following universities: Oxford, Cambridge, King's, Barts and Bristol

I know for Bristol I have to send off a declaration of prior learning and with that my transcript. So is entering my modules really necessary? Cheers!
Original post by megan_notfox
Thank you!!

----

Just wondering, how important is it to put down the scores for each module for the following universities: Oxford, Cambridge, King's, Barts and Bristol

I know for Bristol I have to send off a declaration of prior learning and with that my transcript. So is entering my modules really necessary? Cheers!

I havent a clue but i figured if they wanted modules they could ask for transcripts
Original post by HanaGEM
I havent a clue but i figured if they wanted modules they could ask for transcripts

Ah true! Thank you! I will leave it out then!
Does the referee have to give their reference before the 15th?
Does the referee have to give their reference before the 15th?

If you are independent then yes. Also if you are applying to Oxford all three referees must send their references in directly before the 15th!

Oxford also requires transcripts at application so no need to put modules in ucas.
Original post by neuronerd
If you are independent then yes. Also if you are applying to Oxford all three referees must send their references in directly before the 15th!

Oxford also requires transcripts at application so no need to put modules in ucas.

But I only have one academic referee :frown: And one from my high school

Also, I am so confused..I am using my academic referee for my UCAS application...does this person also have to send the same reference to oxford?
But I only have one academic referee :frown: And one from my high school

you need 2 academic references minimum for oxford, plus one from work/volunteering experience and they need to be completed and sent by thursday next week. You better hurry.
Also, I am so confused..I am using my academic referee for my UCAS application...does this person also have to send the same reference to oxford?

yes
this link gives more details:

http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/accelerated/application-procedure/notes-for-application-form
(edited 8 years ago)
you need 2 academic references minimum for oxford, plus one from work/volunteering experience and they need to be completed and sent by thursday next week. You better hurry.

yes

Cheers dude...I am totally unprepared..
Do cambridge require a transcript if you have completed your degree?
If you are independent then yes.

I am so glad I read this, otherwise my reference may not have been done in time :s
I added my UKCAT to my UCAS, now I'm unsure as to whether I should remove it :s-smilie: whats the general consensus, have people put it in?
Original post by HanaGEM
I added my UKCAT to my UCAS, now I'm unsure as to whether I should remove it :s-smilie: whats the general consensus, have people put it in?

I'm leaving it off. UKCAT say they don't need it on twitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexdaman93
Do cambridge require a transcript if you have completed your degree?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cambridge+Graduate+Course+in+Medicine+application+form

I have no issue answering questions but at least try, it's only the most important form you'll fill out in years...
Thank you!!

----

Hey! Can you please tell me where it says you also need to send off your transcript for Bristol? I have sent off my declaration of prior learning but not my trasncript...:s-smilie:
Original post by nature_elf
Hey! Can you please tell me where it says you also need to send off your transcript for Bristol? I have sent off my declaration of prior learning but not my trasncript...:s-smilie:

"Applicants for A101 (graduate entry, four years) will be expected to supply their degreemodule results in full, either within their UCAS application or sent directly to the AdmissionsOffice at the time of submitting their application"

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2015/medicine.pdf
"Applicants for A101 (graduate entry, four years) will be expected to supply their degreemodule results in full, either within their UCAS application or sent directly to the AdmissionsOffice at the time of submitting their application"

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2015/medicine.pdf

Whoops! Okay I'll send it off now and hope it's okay. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Alexdaman93
Urgh. Glad it isn't just me. The lack of communication is so frustrating. I haven't heard anything from when they got my DBS clearance 2 weeks ago.

Yeah i've been emailing them all the time being annoying. They said that my references are now with the manager waiting to be approved and once they are approved they can organise a starting date. So frustrating waiting all this time but I guess they have so many people to deal with
Reply 2579
Original post by hellodave5
How is psychology considered generally?
I have a psychology degree, and doing an MSc in neuroscience, and wondered if the subject isn't considered a science by some uni's (in reality, psychology BSc is definitely a science)

I think it depends on the university you apply to, Glasgow generally said that although I undertook only neuroscientific courses in my final year my degree did not involve chemistry, thus I would need to sit A levels (also, I am a MA Soc Science). However, if you have a BSc it may be fine, although I think that they may ask for Chemistry A2 if you haven't studied it at all. By the way I am also (hoping to) do a Masters in Neuroscience :smile: I am currently applying for it ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending