+1 for gender equality
-1 for feminists.

Take that feminists :cool:

http://www.konbini.com/en/lifestyle/sweden-male-rape-centre/

As a feminist I'm thrilled to see this. :smile:
Reply 4
This is a negative for feminists how?
Reply 5
I don't think its a "take that feminist" sort of thing. Whilst its brilliant that this is happening and men are being equally respected, a lot of feminists who believe in true gender equality are happy for this too. Your problem is with those referred to as "feminazis". A true feminist would be overjoyed for this, and real feminists are not to be confused with the feminazis who want women to be better than men.
The title made me laugh
Original post by ChickenMadness
+1 for gender equality
-1 for feminists.

I wonder how long it'll be until the "feminists" start protesting against this, saying that male rape or sexual abuse isn't a thing.

I should point out, by "feminists" I don't mean true feminists, those who strive for genuine equality, I mean those who seem to believe that women are superior to men and that women need to be treated better rather than equally, the kind who think that all men are potential rapists. **** those "feminists".
Reply 8

This comic needs to be shown to feminists everywhere.
Original post by Ronove
This is a negative for feminists how?

Goes against feminist theory. The idea is that rape is related to power rather than sex and specifically men's patriarchal power over women. Men raping men kinda goes against this idea.
Original post by ChickenMadness
+1 for gender equality
-1 for feminists.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of feminists are thrilled at this news. One of feminism's causes is not to make sure that men can't seek help after being raped. That would be absurd.
Reply 12
Original post by banterboy
Goes against feminist theory. The idea is that rape is related to power rather than sex and specifically men's patriarchal power over women. Men raping men kinda goes against this idea.

Sorry, this isn't computing. Even if you believe that rape is about power rather than sex (I am yet to come to a conclusion on this but could be convinced of the idea), I don't think anyone thinks men are incapable of raping other men as an act of power/dominance. And even if they did, I don't think anyone has ever argued that the concept of rape is limited to what men do to women. Men get raped by men too, and would likely require support for dealing with that, regardless of the ins and outs of just how much they could theoretically be damaged, on a personal or societal level, by the act, compared to women being raped. Who has suggested raped men don't need any support?
Original post by 0123456543210
Yeah, but you should have this centre in mind after getting ass-raped by a gang of blacks.

Enjoy your ban
Original post by Ronove
Sorry, this isn't computing. Even if you believe that rape is about power rather than sex (I am yet to come to a conclusion on this but could be convinced of the idea), I don't think anyone thinks men are incapable of raping other men as an act of power/dominance. And even if they did, I don't think anyone has ever argued that the concept of rape is limited to what men do to women. Men get raped by men too, and would likely require support for dealing with that, regardless of the ins and outs of just how much they could theoretically be damaged, on a personal or societal level, by the act, compared to women being raped. Who has suggested raped men don't need any support?

I would say that statistically it is almost impossible for a man to get raped.
Reply 15
Original post by Blue_Mason
I would say that statistically it is almost impossible for a man to get raped.

Can you clarify what you mean?
Original post by Ronove

I have read feminist theories that the act of rape is not just a crime, but it symbolises how men keep power over women in society. This is obvious nonsense and if it is seen by society as the non gender specific crime it is, feminism loses credibility.

In fact there's a whole host of non gender specific crimes feminism paints as being men dominating women in society. Dom violence, rape, violence against women (as a separate and of course obvious worse than normal violence which men mostly experience. We can't have women losing out on any competitions of who has it worse can we) etc. Disgusting manipulation of public opinion..
Original post by Ronove
Can you clarify what you mean?

I mean in a non authoritative and free environment, an adult male has a 0.5 in 10 chance of being raped.
Original post by banterboy
In fact there's a whole host of non gender specific crimes feminism paints as being men dominating women in society. Dom violence, rape, violence against women (as a separate and of course obvious worse than normal violence which men mostly experience. We can't have women losing out on any competitions of who has it worse can we) etc. Disgusting manipulation of public opinion..
The domestic violence statistics they use are also blatantly manipulated - they ignore the almost equal % chance of men being victims of domestic abuse, and ignore the fact that the prominence of male domestic violence is due to men being able to inflict more visible harm on their partners than women due to the former's strength.

And it's not as if this statistic is the only manipulated one. Both the 1 in 4/5/6 raped in US colleges/lifetime and wage gap are both patently false numbers being employed by the feminist movement.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Enjoy your ban

Don't forget about your lube and try to enjoy it as much as possible!

Quick Reply

Latest