The Student Room Group

A level psychology help

What does the term 'concordance rate' mean and how would I explain it?
Ok, so the way i've used 'concordance rates' in the past has usually been about family studies so to see how accurate or consistent results are.

For example in Gottesman's twin study (Schizophrenia) he found a 17% concordance rate in non-identical twins.

it's basically a level of probability.

So in the study: Gottesman was testing how different genetic relations i.e. the closer the genetics (identical twins) compared to non genetic relations (strangers in a street) would increase the chances of a person getting Sz

and concordance rates were HIGHER in identical twins than anyone else basically meaning: that the closer the genetic relation is the more chance/probability there is of developing Schizophrenia.

The example isn't relevant it was just to put it into a context to try demonstrate the concordance rates, hope it made sense - if not send a message if you need further help :h:
ummm this is a random question but does anyone get the a level history 2015/16 specification (aqa) for me please cnt find it :frown:
Original post by ambergraver
Ok, so the way i've used 'concordance rates' in the past has usually been about family studies so to see how accurate or consistent results are.

For example in Gottesman's twin study (Schizophrenia) he found a 17% concordance rate in non-identical twins.

it's basically a level of probability.

So in the study: Gottesman was testing how different genetic relations i.e. the closer the genetics (identical twins) compared to non genetic relations (strangers in a street) would increase the chances of a person getting Sz

and concordance rates were HIGHER in identical twins than anyone else basically meaning: that the closer the genetic relation is the more chance/probability there is of developing Schizophrenia.

The example isn't relevant it was just to put it into a context to try demonstrate the concordance rates, hope it made sense - if not send a message if you need further help :h:

Thank you so much!! :smile:
?????
Original post by starryxxx
?????

I'm sorry, i don't do History - so i cannot help personally try posting in the History forum or set a new thread and you should get helpful responses from people who do and know the subject :h::h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending