The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swagio
I'm applying for ljm so that's good to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're being very quick at the moment! I know quite a few people with offers from ljmu so good luck!
Has anyone had a Maths (or Maths department) offer from Manchester or Nottingham yet? I've had acknowledgement emails from both but I'm scared about not getting offers as they're my top 2.
I've had offers through from Manchester and Newcastle and I know loads of people who have had offers from Liverpool
Based on this thread it seems that Warwick is being quite quick with responses/offers... I only sent my application off today but it gives me hope that they'll get around to my application over half term or soon after!
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
They're being very quick at the moment! I know quite a few people with offers from ljmu so good luck!

Hopefully they'll be just as quick with interviews :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else here back from Manchester? I got invited to interview by them tonight.
Reply 226
Original post by Shane Webb
Anyone else here back from Manchester? I got invited to interview by them tonight.

I had my interview yesterday, congrats as it means you basically have an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padc
I had my interview yesterday, congrats as it means you basically have an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks,
I know you're sweet for Manchester if you have an interview, but I have no idea how to prepare for it. My school runs courses for stuff requiring interviews, though I haven't a clue how to prepare for a Geology one.
I'm going to try and win a bursary though.
What course are you doing at Manchester?
Kent have been quick, seen a lot of users getting offers

I got an offer for Psychology yesterday, sent my app the day before. AAB though my targets are ABB
Anyone received any offers from Durham?
Has anyone got an offer from Birmingham or Swansea?
I'm applying for Political Science & Sociology at Birmingham and Political Communication at Swansea

Thanks! :smile:
Hey, I'm an international student, so bit new to all of this. Just wondering if these offers are conditional or unconditional? I'm assuming it's the former for the most of you, but has anyone got a confirmed seat?
Original post by jamlycheeemir
Hey, I'm an international student, so bit new to all of this. Just wondering if these offers are conditional or unconditional? I'm assuming it's the former for the most of you, but has anyone got a confirmed seat?

From what I can tell these are all conditional. Very few get unconditional.
Reply 233
Thanks,
I know you're sweet for Manchester if you have an interview, but I have no idea how to prepare for it. My school runs courses for stuff requiring interviews, though I haven't a clue how to prepare for a Geology one.
I'm going to try and win a bursary though.
What course are you doing at Manchester?

I applied for physics with astrophysics, I wouldn't worry about the interview, it's really informal and relaxed. They don't expect you to know anything for a course you haven't learnt at A level, so it shouldn't be too hard :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padc
I applied for physics with astrophysics, I wouldn't worry about the interview, it's really informal and relaxed. They don't expect you to know anything for a course you haven't learnt at A level, so it shouldn't be too hard :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you need to wear a suit?
Reply 235
Do you need to wear a suit?

No one I saw was wearing a suit, most people were smart casual, so like jeans and a shirt

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received a conditional offer from Glasgow, so they are also quite quick! I sent my application a week and a half ago!
Just to answer some questions that have come up so far:

the fact that you haven't heard from a uni yet when others have for the same course doesn't mean you are going to be rejected

uni departments vary a lot in how fast they process applications and send out offers, and you can't read anything into this

some unis don't send acknowledgements, and some do - and some departments within a uni don't, where others do; if your Track shows that your application has been sent, the uni has it, so don't worry

LSE does have a habit of posting its decisions on the same day each week, but this is LSE's way of doing things, not necessarily what other unis do

Track updates as unis send through decisions (all done electronically) and this can happen at odd times of day and/or at weekends - if Track is down for some reason, decisions will still get through and will be there for you to see when it comes back up again

half term is irrelevant to unis :smile: - however, admissions tutors generally don't deal with applications over the Christmas period and it also tends to go a bit quiet over Easter (which is very early in 2016)

If you have a question about which unis have made offers, or for which courses, use the 'search thread' function, as that will bring up all posts that include your key words - eg "Durham" or "English".
Original post by Minerva
Just to answer some questions that have come up so far:

the fact that you haven't heard from a uni yet when others have for the same course doesn't mean you are going to be rejected

uni departments vary a lot in how fast they process applications and send out offers, and you can't read anything into this

some unis don't send acknowledgements, and some do - and some departments within a uni don't, where others do; if your Track shows that your application has been sent, the uni has it, so don't worry

Track updates as unis send through decisions (all done electronically) and this can happen at odd times of day and/or at weekends - if Track is down for some reason, decisions will still get through and will be there for you to see when it comes back up again

half term is irrelevant to unis :smile: - however, admissions tutors generally don't deal with applications over the Christmas period and it also tends to go a bit quiet over Easter (which is very early in 2016)

If you have a question about which unis have made offers, or for which courses, use the 'search thread' function, as that will bring up all posts that include your key words - eg "Durham" or "English".

Thanks! :smile: I was a little worried that I'd have to wait a week and a half, haha :colondollar:
Reply 239
Original post by Dabo_26
I got one yesterday ! :woot

Congrats! At what uni?

Latest

Trending

Trending