The Student Room Group

Was this girl raped?

Long story short at a party someone had sex with a girl who was paralytic and semi conscious. This seems like textbook rape I know but the entire situation is a bit more complex. I was talking to the girl and she seemed perfectly fine with it and even joked about how he couldn't even last a minute. This doesn't seem to fit the behaviour of someone who was raped yet the situation seems to make it rather dodgy. Should I report this or just leave it?

Scroll to see replies

Leave it. If she doesn't believe she was raped, both her and her sexual partner will say it wasn't rape, and then you will, at the least, look very stupid
oh dont be such a hero. Who are you to tell her mind and her body?

If she doesnt believe it was and is perfectly fine with it who are you to go "you were raped"
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Long story short at a party someone had sex with a girl who was paralytic and semi conscious. This seems like textbook rape I know but the entire situation is a bit more complex. I was talking to the girl and she seemed perfectly fine with it and even joked about how he couldn't even last a minute. This doesn't seem to fit the behaviour of someone who was raped yet the situation seems to make it rather dodgy. Should I report this or just leave it?

If she has to ask then no.

Also, if she was coming onto him beforehand then she could have given consent.
What business is it of yours? :s-smilie:
Drunk sex isnt rape.
If everyone is happy, leave it be. If the girl was traumatised, then I'd report it. There's no point in upsetting a situation for the sake of being correct, assuming that the girl didn't consent but was fine with it afterwards. As you've said, there was more to it, so it's very possible she did consent.
If she was conscious enough to laugh about it and communicate things like 'he couldn't last a minute', then clearly she was not raped.
Original post by georgiaswift
Leave it. If she doesn't believe she was raped, both her and her sexual partner will say it wasn't rape, and then you will, at the least, look very stupid

Why would he look stupid?

OP, this is a tricky one.

On the one hand, the girl is seemingly not bothered. So raising the issue of her being a victim of rape might actually damage her more than if things were left alone.

But on the other hand. The guy who raped her (if he did in fact, rape her) got lucky. He could have seriously affected someone, and could have easily faced a rape investigation. But he didn't. He got away with it. So does that mean he's more likely to repeat his behaviour? Maybe.

And if he did rape, then that is not a good thing.

But that's if he did rape. He may have had innocent intentions. We only have a small amount of detail so can't jump to any conclusion.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's entirely down to the girl in question to claim that she was raped if she was, but it doesn't sound like she was at all. Leave it.
Original post by Jonny360
Drunk sex isnt rape.

.... Drunk sex can easily be rape. That's a very bold statement to make.
Just remind this girl and the dude that that can be really tricky and weird.

It seems that she wouldn't have minded it while sober.

I don't understand how drunk sex is classed as rape in america, in a way. I actually like 'tipsy' sex, and consent to drinking at home to do it. Although my bf got too drunk and passed out, so that didn't go well.

Also the guy was drunk, so really she could have raped him too?
Original post by Twinpeaks

It *can* be, but all drunken sex isnt automatically rape. If she says yes then its consentual, regardless of drunkenes.
If they're both chill leave it alone.

Who's raping who then in that case?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The girl was very stupid, the guy was trying his luck and you are being an interfering busybody - none of your business

If the girl was drunk and they guy was not...verdict/opinion...girl was raped.
If the guy was drunk and the girl was not.....verdict/opinion...girl was raped
If the guy was drunk and the girl was drunk....verdict/opinion...girl was raped
if the girl was not drunk and the guy was not drunk...verdict/opinion...girl was raped.
What if the guy didn't consent?
All of you shouting rape because two fools got themselves drunk.

Here is a video for you...This is rape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVPyBxwIy2o

whoever filmed this should be arrested and jailed. That was mean. I would spit at any girl who claimed rape at a drunk party but this made me shed some tears. I was traumatised.

The idiot should have saved that chick and smash all those randy males.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why would he look stupid?.

Because she clearly wasn't paralytic and semi-conscious if she remembers it in detail. Even if she was, she is claiming it wasn't rape, and the only two people who know what happened are the two people who had sex, so OP will look ridiculous making claims about something which they didn't even see, and which even the supposed victim claims didn't happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending