The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Amy2411
Rickstahhh, this is not entirely true, I had no where near the grades you have stated and got an interview and an offer within a week! Keele place a huge amount of emphasis on work experience and patient interaction - it is right up there with good academics. Obviously it is unlikely you can study Medicine without having good grades but no one should give up as I got ABC at A Level and I've still managed to get there and a lot of people in my year aren't straight A/A* candidates :smile: They follow this through on the course, we have 'EL' sessions every week which focus on communication skills and exploring questions such as 'what makes a good Doctor'.

Can I ask what u spoke about in ur roles and responsibilities form, obviously not to plagiarise ! However I did work exp at a hospital and hospice, both of which involved a lot of shadowing, I also work at a tutor centre but have never really had the opportunity to go above and beyond my expected role as it's just helping young students with maths and English. After looking at the website, it seems they want examples of outstanding activity
When you fill out the form I've noticed the maximum limit for characters for each section is 1100 characters yet it shouldn't be for the last two sections should it???
Original post by sarahurok
When you fill out the form I've noticed the maximum limit for characters for each section is 1100 characters yet it shouldn't be for the last two sections should it???

I noticed this too! I'm unsure what to do,whether to stick to the limit that they say or to go up to the 1,100 character limit....
The extra characters sure would be useful, but I don't want it to get cut off when they receive it or something. I'm gonna email them to ask so hopefully they will reply tomorrow :smile:
Yes!! I have emailed too, I'm just not sure whether to add more into the box and go over or stay to the limit
Original post by katherine_b
I noticed this too! I'm unsure what to do,whether to stick to the limit that they say or to go up to the 1,100 character limit....
The extra characters sure would be useful, but I don't want it to get cut off when they receive it or something. I'm gonna email them to ask so hopefully they will reply tomorrow :smile:
Any graduates been asked to send a transcript? I don't feel like this is a good sign at all :'(
Original post by mutayymate
Any graduates been asked to send a transcript? I don't feel like this is a good sign at all :'(

I am a graduate and I haven't been asked to send a transcript yet. When were you asked?
Original post by SAmandha
I am a graduate and I haven't been asked to send a transcript yet. When were you asked?

I was asked on 19th October.
I was asked on 19th October.

Are you a science graduate or non-science based?

Nope, but at least you know they are considering you! Did you put any of your university module grades on your UCAS form?
Original post by Aileanajackson
Are you a science graduate or non-science based?

Biomed Grad
Can you help me with what to put in?
Like qualities?

Did you put all your module marked from 2nd and 3rd year on UCAS? Cos they could just be asking for that reason.

I'm a grad and out all my marks down and I haven't been emailed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rickstahhh
You do not have to use all the experiences stated.
Just use the ones you think are appropriate for each section. So you can use the same one for all 4 if it seems to fit.

Thank you! :smile:
one more question - does anyone know how much consideration they take into the exceptional difficulty/circumstance section and whether any other reference besides your school reference is acceptable? thanks!
Im putting in Healthwatch and a care home for kids and elderly as my two experiences to explain. In healthwatch we worked in a small group and interacted with the community presented stuff in meetings, but how do i put it in really good words?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Anyone know how one is suppose to count the number of hours I've done for St Johns Ambulance since I've been doing it for a year and half on duties whenever I can?
Original post by vka94
Anyone know how one is suppose to count the number of hours I've done for St Johns Ambulance since I've been doing it for a year and half on duties whenever I can?

The number of hours is just an approximation and the university is aware that you can't possible count it to the last hours so just give it a rough estimate and remember that full marks in the R&R form is for 160 hours so as long as you exceed this you are in line for full marks if your voluntary work is good.
Good luck!:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I know for the Manchester non-academic form you are not allowed to copy and paste from your personal statement, does this apply to the Keele form as well? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
I know for the Manchester non-academic form you are not allowed to copy and paste from your personal statement, does this apply to the Keele form as well? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one is really sure but I think its safe not to just incase
Original post by mizzyportia
No one is really sure but I think its safe not to just incase

Hmm Ye. I have emailed them so will see if I get a response

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending