The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology A2 Thread

Hi guys!

I hope you are all well ☺️ !

I thought that it would help to make a thread for A2 psychology for us all to talk about what modules we were studying and to discuss anything that may be confusing! I found that using TSR last year really helped me when I was unsure and I think it'll help again this year, so fire away!

Amy questions or issues and I'm sure we'll all be able to find an answer to them!

Scroll to see replies

So far I am loving the A2 course don't get me wrong it is super hard we have just stared the schizophrenia module and it's so interesting
ah good shout making this!
are you finding the course easier or harder than last year?
i swear there is so much less information to learn this year!!! - we have almost finished unit 1 already!!!
Reply 3
Original post by boomlizzie
ah good shout making this!
are you finding the course easier or harder than last year?
i swear there is so much less information to learn this year!!! - we have almost finished unit 1 already!!!

I'm finding it so much harder! I'm sat trying to study for Aggression, which we completed last week and the biological approaches aren't sticking with me at all. Do any of you have revision techniques for those essay's you find harder? I mean the hormonal and neural essay's are difficult. I'm find with genetics for some reason though.
Reply 4
Original post by HarryJack
So far I am loving the A2 course don't get me wrong it is super hard we have just stared the schizophrenia module and it's so interesting

I think we're also studying schizophrenia, we're also doing eating behaviour and aggression for the first paper! I can't believe it's all essay's though 😒
Hey all!

I think this year is much harder than last year since the essays are more vigorous... 3x24 markers in 1.5 hours, imagine that in an exam room with a suddenly blocked mind!

Our school is doing:
Relationships
Sleep and Biological Rhythms
Aggression
Schizophrenia
Psychology of Addiction

x
Reply 6
Original post by jaseho98
Hey all!

I think this year is much harder than last year since the essays are more vigorous... 3x24 markers in 1.5 hours, imagine that in an exam room with a suddenly blocked mind!

Our school is doing:
Relationships
Sleep and Biological Rhythms
Aggression
Schizophrenia
Psychology of Addiction

x

Sleep looks so interesting and I don't know how I'm going to fit three essay's in 1.5hours to be honest.mthey'll just have to mark really messy handwriting! Our lecturer is doing a test after half term and we have no clue which aggression essay it's going to be on. She was hinting at a biological one and they're like my worst nightmare!
Reply 7
I'm with you guys, going to be so much more difficult this time around..
I'm doing;
- Biological rhythms and sleep
- Relationships
- Eating behaviour
- Anomalistic psychology
- Schizophrenia
We should make this thread active, and update each other on revision we are doing and stuff to keep us motivated :smile:)
Anyone got 24 marks essay on relationship, sleep and gender?
I feel like I'm so far behind everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi there guys!

Im currently at university. But i have a range of essays that i wrote (marked and graded by teachers who gave me high grades 22+ marks). So i was wondering if anyone would be interested in them. You guys can check out the 3 essays that I made, on obsessive compulsive disorder.

The topics i did were: Sleep, Relationship, Gender, and OCD

Heres the link: http://gayatridogra.com/category/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/
Also, if anyone is interested they can directly dm me or reply. I will be posting more soon. Ill be going back this following week so ill be able to upload more content.
Reply 12
I feel like I'm so far behind everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine, just keep going over the stuff you've already learnt and I'm sure your lecturer would be happy to help you!
Hi everyone. I retook my AS year since I didn't do as well as I hoped. This was in 2015. However, I also did A2 as well as my AS modules, and manged to get a B for unit 3 and a C for unit 4. I'm currently retaking unit 4 along with my other A2 subjects. The modules I'm doing are Schizophrenia, Media and Research methods.If any of you feel stuck on unit 4 then let me know, I'd be happy to help.
i'm doing cognitive development (SOOO MUCH INFORMATION AND SO BORING ??? IDK WHY MY TEACHER PICKED THIS NO ONE ELSE DOES IT) relationships and eating behaviour for unit 3 and then unit 4 is media, research methods and possibly depression ???? i think ?????

when are u guys gonna start making revision resources :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by faggstagram
i'm doing cognitive development (SOOO MUCH INFORMATION AND SO BORING ??? IDK WHY MY TEACHER PICKED THIS NO ONE ELSE DOES IT) relationships and eating behaviour for unit 3 and then unit 4 is media, research methods and possibly depression ???? i think ?????

when are u guys gonna start making revision resources :frown:

We do gapped essay's in class and then I re-write them up so they look tidy. I will be making resources in the run up to Christmas and then I will start to fit in my proper, serious revision, so questions and past papers, I also do a puzzle where I have to match sentences about a certain topic in order to make a shape.
Reply 16
Original post by Mesosleepy
Anyone got 24 marks essay on relationship, sleep and gender?

I'm doing relationships, aggression, eating disorders, media, research methods and schizophrenia.
Original post by Gagzz
Hi there guys!

Im currently at university. But i have a range of essays that i wrote (marked and graded by teachers who gave me high grades 22+ marks). So i was wondering if anyone would be interested in them. You guys can check out the 3 essays that I made, on obsessive compulsive disorder.

The topics i did were: Sleep, Relationship, Gender, and OCD

Heres the link: http://gayatridogra.com/category/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/
Also, if anyone is interested they can directly dm me or reply. I will be posting more soon. Ill be going back this following week so ill be able to upload more content.

I'm interested :smile:
Original post by x-Char-x
Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine, just keep going over the stuff you've already learnt and I'm sure your lecturer would be happy to help you!

I know but we didnt have a teacher for 2 weeks and that meant we got left behind
Reply 19
I know but we didnt have a teacher for 2 weeks and that meant we got left behind

That happened with my English Literature class and we didn't have a proper member of staff for five weeks of the last half term. I know it's hard, but I'm sure that you will all catch up, is it worth seeing if they will put on any extra classes for you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending