The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Coursework help?

I'm doing the Edexcel History A2 question, part A. But I'm completely stuck on what to write...
the question I've been given is "Assess the significance of the collapse of Communism on Russian government and society".

Only thing is, I've got no idea what to write for it. So far I've put down police corruption and how it's been changed with the police reform in 2011...

Any help?
Original post by ZakMoon
I'm doing the Edexcel History A2 question, part A. But I'm completely stuck on what to write...
the question I've been given is "Assess the significance of the collapse of Communism on Russian government and society".

Only thing is, I've got no idea what to write for it. So far I've put down police corruption and how it's been changed with the police reform in 2011...

Any help?

Try to get some books, primary images, documents, newspaper articles, documentaries etc and find similar themes that suggest what the end of communism achieved (negative and/or positive). You need around 6 contemporary sources, and secondary sources can be used to back up certain points.

You need to cross-reference the sources you have found thats why use sources with similar suggestions of what the end of communism resulted in. You have police corruption which is good, find sources with this evident. And hopefully from the sources about police corruption can give you ideas on what other factors you can use. I suggest around 3-5 factors, so you can use detail from your sources. Hope this helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Ben4
Try to get some books, primary images, documents, newspaper articles, documentaries etc and find similar themes that suggest what the end of communism achieved (negative and/or positive). You need around 6 contemporary sources, and secondary sources can be used to back up certain points.

You need to cross-reference the sources you have found thats why use sources with similar suggestions of what the end of communism resulted in. You have police corruption which is good, find sources with this evident. And hopefully from the sources about police corruption can give you ideas on what other factors you can use. I suggest around 3-5 factors, so you can use detail from your sources. Hope this helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, that gave me a bit of direction.

I've cross referenced 3 sources for the police corruption thing, I'm just looking for the next few things to incorporate into the essay.

I remember watching a documentary called 'Death of a Nation' by Marcel Theroux which briefly went over the declining health of Russia (I looked at quite a lot of sources, it seriously sucks). However, I'm really not sure on how to include that in the essay and answer the question...
Original post by ZakMoon
Thanks man, that gave me a bit of direction.

I've cross referenced 3 sources for the police corruption thing, I'm just looking for the next few things to incorporate into the essay.

I remember watching a documentary called 'Death of a Nation' by Marcel Theroux which briefly went over the declining health of Russia (I looked at quite a lot of sources, it seriously sucks). However, I'm really not sure on how to include that in the essay and answer the question...

A decline in health sounds like a good thing to discuss, however if it is brief you could use that documentary to back a point up about how the end of communism changed the nations health? I am unfamiliar with Russian history after Cold War so I cant give you any examples of what to include. I think the best thing to do is to find a ton of sources, because at the end of the day you pulling them sources apart is what is going to get you the marks. Try and look at some examples of part A answers on examiner reports, they really show how to layout your answer.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest