The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard from Queen Mary or Manchester about anything?
Original post by somnacin
I have from Durham!

For which subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Woop woop, my Polish skills are improving :tongue:

Ahh, interesting. What made you prefere Sheffield? Are the entry requirements at Nottingham lower?

Same, I applied because I thought it looked good from afar. I've been thinking about it, and I don't think I can afford London to be honest - but I'll wait until I actually get an offer/visit before I make a decision. :smile:

Oh, I applied to Oxford, UCL, Warwick and Bristol apart from Nottingham. If by some majestic feat I actually get an offer, Oxford would be my firm; that's not happening though. :lol: So most likely Warwick (or UCL) for my firm and then Bristol (or Nottingham) for my insurance.

Nottingham decided to give me a higher offer than their standard one, making it the same as Warwick/UCL, which kind of sucks haha, so I'm hoping I can get one from Bristol instead otherwise my firm and isurance will be the same. :eek:

The entry requirements for Sheffield and Nottingham are the same, ABB with B in history. I think I just preferred the modules at Sheffield. At Nottingham the courses rely on Russian history, and it isn't until the last year that there are actually modules about Italy and Germany ... At Sheffield there's a bigger variety of modules from different time periods and countries.

Personally I only had 9 universities to choose from (that's how rare my course combination is :tongue:), half of them were in Scotland, then there was Oxford (I would never get in!), and then I was left with the 5 universities which I've applied to, hence why UCL was one of my choices :biggrin:

Wow, you've applied to Oxford! Hope everything goes well and that you get an offer :jumphug:
Hmm, that's strange ... does it depend on what other applicants achieved at their AS? All of my choices want ABB, some just want an A in history whereas others want a B. UCL is AAB-ABB, I probably won't even get an offer :tongue: So basically my firm and insurance will have the same grade requirements :rolleyes:
UEA was super quick, got an offer 4 days after sending it off!
Original post by Laurenafenete
Has anyone heard from Queen Mary or Manchester about anything?

Yep Neuroscience from QM
Original post by Hollie G
UEA was super quick, got an offer 4 days after sending it off!

Which course?? What were your AS grades? Congrats! :smile:
Original post by Wantsnoffer
Yep Neuroscience from QM

Congrats! How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Original post by emilykate153
Just got an offer for Biochemistry from Bristol!

Same. Well done :five:
Original post by Nirvana27
Same. Well done :five:

Congrats! Was it your first offer?
Congrats! Was it your first offer?

No, but it's still really exciting. You? :biggrin: Where else did you apply?
Original post by Nirvana27
No, but it's still really exciting. You? :biggrin: Where else did you apply?

Wow, even more congrats on your other offers then! :biggrin: It was my first so I was so relieved haha. I applied to Lancaster, Edinburgh, Queen's Belfast and Manchester (have an interview this month) How about you?
Original post by Laurenafenete
Congrats! How long did it take for them to get back to you?

A week
2 offers today both within a week of receiving acknowledgement emails:
Exeter - ABB for Computer Science and Maths Msci
Loughborough - AAB for Computer Science and Maths Msci with placement
Reply 553
Original post by Glavien
Where did you find the EEE with computer science course at UCL. I can't see it anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am also applied Computing at imperial submitted my application on 15th Oct but yesterday only recd confirmation of application from university . Do u have any idea when will they start releasing offers
Wow, even more congrats on your other offers then! :biggrin: It was my first so I was so relieved haha. I applied to Lancaster, Edinburgh, Queen's Belfast and Manchester (have an interview this month) How about you?

Ooh congrats on the interview, good luck :grin:. I applied to Lancaster, Bristol, Bath, Cambridge and Durham, currently I have offers from the first 3.
Okay, Exeter sent me an offer for Computer Science BSc yesterday (AAA), so I guess that also makes it one of the fast offer senders.

Now I'm only waiting for UCL and Imperial.
Has anyone got anything from Leicester yet?
Reply 557
I sent my application off on the 14th, got an offer from UEA 2 days afterwards & an offer from Exeter last week (both for history & politics) so they were both reasonably quick!
Just waiting on Cambridge, St Andrews & Queens Belfast for history now but I have a feeling some of them might take a while :')
Reply 558
Lincoln is fast but Brighton is taking a long time for any offers:smile:
Got my offer from Nottingham Trent, only waiting for one more uni to reply now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending