The Student Room Group

Independent: The Prophet Mohammed had British values

Scroll to see replies

Oh well, this is going to be fun to watch...
Author: 'Sajda Khan'

Classic Taqiyya in action right here, enjoy
(edited 8 years ago)
You thought the Independent was reputable?

Check out this beauty.
Just trying to teach tomorrows children how to submit to Islam so they dont get hacked into peaces by peaceful members of the religion of peaces for eating a bacon roll and drawing cartoons
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Betelgeuse-
hacked into peaces

Reply 6
Is this even legit? O.O
Yeah because proselytising is going to help people see Islam as less of a threat.
Reply 8
The problem with her suggestion is that it falls foul of the very problem that she is trying to avoid. - Selective interpretation.

She claims that by teaching more Islam in school, it will show that Muhammad and Islam are all about peace, tolerance and freedom. That may well be the case, but only if the teachers cherry-pick the verses that Khan bases her version of Islam upon.
If the teachers select a different set of passages, the message could unequivocally be one of violence, expansion and oppression.

Simply saying to the Islamists "your interpretation is wrong, you must follow mine" will achieve absolutely nothing. Except to potentially put the Moderate in the Islamist's crosshairs.

For those who have a violent and oppressive agenda, the supporting material is there. Denying this does not help solve the problem.
Taqiyya and a massive amount of bull****
Lol, no thanks m8.
tea anyone?
Sadly, the West has a history of reviling and caricaturing the Prophet of Islam. For centuries, it has failed to understand Mohammed and the universal principles he stood for. The historian and scholar W Montgomery Watt famously said: ‘Of all the world’s great men, none has been so much maligned as Mohammed.’ Perhaps this in part explains why so many young men and women have turned to gross misinterpretations of his teachings.

You can't make this stuff up.
Original post by QE2
The problem with her suggestion is that it falls foul of the very problem that she is trying to avoid. - Selective interpretation.

She claims that by teaching more Islam in school, it will show that Muhammad and Islam are all about peace, tolerance and freedom. That may well be the case, but only if the teachers cherry-pick the verses that Khan bases her version of Islam upon.
If the teachers select a different set of passages, the message could unequivocally be one of violence, expansion and oppression.

Simply saying to the Islamists "your interpretation is wrong, you must follow mine" will achieve absolutely nothing. Except to potentially put the Moderate in the Islamist's crosshairs.

For those who have a violent and oppressive agenda, the supporting material is there. Denying this does not help solve the problem.

So like every religion then?

In primary school we used to get read old testament stories like David and Goliath. Have you seen what is in the Bible? The head teacher funnily enough didn't read us all pro genocide stories, all the stories where female slaves are fair game to be raped. Considering Christianity is part and parcel of 'British values' there is a lot fo hypocrisy in this discussion of whether Islam is compatible with Britain. Even more so when pedophilia gets brought up... It;s like you ahve no knowledge of the history fo this country.

I'm fairly anti-religion, but in the same way I don't think all Christian or Jews are evil murderers and rapist, I don't think all Muslims are evil child rapists either. Christians can be perfectly civil citizens and so can Muslims.

My response to the article is make all schools secular.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
So like every religion then?

In primary school we used to get read old testament stories like David and Goliath. Have you seen what is in the Bible? The head teacher funnily enough didn't read us all pro genocide stories, all the stories where female slaves are fair game to be raped. Considering Christianity is part and parcel of 'British values' there is a lot fo hypocrisy in this discussion of whether Islam is compatible with Britain. Even more so when pedophilia gets brought up... It;s like you ahve no knowledge of the history fo this country.

I'm fairly anti-religion, but in the same way I don't think all Christian or Jews are evil murderers and rapist, I don't think all Muslims are evil child rapists either. Christians can be perfectly civil citizens and so can Muslims.

Amen. I mean, err, I agree.
Original post by QE2

+1 QE2 dropping some good posts this morning
Original post by Unkempt_One
Amen. I mean, err, I agree.

If you want to encourage multiculturalism and the mixing of different people stop segregating our kids via religion, gender and class!
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

The world would be a far better place if it were illegal to teach, train or indoctrinate anyone under the age of eighteen in or about any religion in any publicly-funded establishment, including any registered charity. The demise of religion would probably be hastened, too.
He was always eating his fish and chips, afternoon teas, watching the tennis, nice pinstripe suit
Was arguing about this with my younger brother who is Christian. He thinks that basically 'anyone could have said what the Prophet said'. I don't believe so, Islam and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)'s message was unique and free from flaws unlike any other culture that is constrained to tradition and time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending