The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone received message from Bristol .i got unsuccessful application. When I ask feedback they mentioned more student got excellent qualifications.
Original post by JenniB22
Why is this advertised as being for "post graduate medicine", when what it actually means is "graduate entry medicine"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for pointing this out! We're correcting the page now.

TMP
Original post by Tanishqa
I did. They said they'll send me a feedback but they haven't yet. Could still be a mistake. :'(
I suggest you ring them up. And then let me know how it goes, please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey just called admissions and they said just to email for feedback! So no further on that :frown: Sorry
Original post by KAmalraj10
Did anyone received message from Bristol .i got unsuccessful application. When I ask feedback they mentioned more student got excellent qualifications.

Woah, that's crazy! I'm so sorry! I had no idea Bristol had started rejecting people already. Was this for A100 or A101? What qualifications do you have if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by elizabethrbt
Hey just called admissions and they said just to email for feedback! So no further on that :frown: Sorry

Four other people on the Birmingham uni thread have said they had the same problem. And it turned out to be mistake.
I don't know anything anymore. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nature_elf
Woah, that's crazy! I'm so sorry! I had no idea Bristol had started rejecting people already. Was this for A100 or A101? What qualifications do you have if you don't mind me asking?

A101 gem. Bsc Human biology studied..now in studying Msc Applied Drug Discovery .i didn't even give my predicted grade. My tutor told he can give from jan 2016 because now im doing project for this semester. I don't know what to do. Im very upset.
A101 gem. Bsc Human biology studied..now in studying Msc Applied Drug Discovery .i didn't even give my predicted grade. My tutor told he can give from jan 2016 because now im doing project for this semester. I don't know what to do. Im very upset.

That is pretty insane, especially with a (presumably) pretty medically relevant Masters. :frown: I assume your Degree classification and A-levels were decent too? When did you get the notification? What are your other choices? Don't worry I'm sure everything will work out in the end - you only need one interview after all! :smile:

Do you have A level Chemistry at grade A and GCSE English Language and Maths at grade A?
To those of you who received rejections in error from SGUL, has the decision been reversed on Track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by converseallstars
To those of you who received rejections in error from SGUL, has the decision been reversed on Track?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It hasn't been reversed on Track for me so far
Four other people on the Birmingham uni thread have said they had the same problem. And it turned out to be mistake.
I don't know anything anymore. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops someone has kindly informed me on the Birmingham thread that you can only apply once you've already graduated (Im in my final year now!). Hence my rejection as I'm not eligible. Silly mistake from me !
Oops someone has kindly informed me on the Birmingham thread that you can only apply once you've already graduated (Im in my final year now!). Hence my rejection as I'm not eligible. Silly mistake from me !

Really sorry to hear that, easily done! Good luck with the rest of your choices.
Just a little bit of fun and interesting for the George's applicants:

Emeli Sande's My Kind Of Love video was partly filmed in George's! The beginning and when she's walking through the corridor are the entrance to uni, past the bust of John Hunter with the school shop visible on the left hand side as she gets further through, and the hospital scenes are the clinical cubicles!
Video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_siYfZDh5w

Oh dear! Good luck with your other choices! :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your other choices though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was rejected too and they said they won't give feedback until January. I had all the right qualifications as well! Very annoying but I guess there Is nothing we can do about it!!
Original post by livbutler111
I was rejected too and they said they won't give feedback until January. I had all the right qualifications as well! Very annoying but I guess there Is nothing we can do about it!!

Were you rejected from Birmingham or St. George's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Were you rejected from Birmingham or St. George's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi sorry, It was Bristol that I was rejected from! I thought I'd written it in the post oops
Just received an email from Birmingham saying my application has been reviewed by the Admissions team and now has been reffered to the Admissions tutor for further consideration.

Anyone else received this.? Reckon its just a generic email?

I think it just means i have passed the very basic first filter of applications which almost everyone does.
Original post by nickname_esco
Just received an email from Birmingham saying my application has been reviewed by the Admissions team and now has been reffered to the Admissions tutor for further consideration.

Anyone else received this.? Reckon its just a generic email?

I think it just means i have passed the very basic first filter of applications which almost everyone does.

I got the same email; I think it's a generic one and I have to agree with you that it is the very first step in filtering people out who has not met the academic grades or are still studying for their undergraduate degree.

The next filter might perhaps start ranking people on their academic grades? Not too sure what their selection process is though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending