The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've heard back from four out of five already so mine have got back to me quite quickly but I know some are really taking their time, like I am still waiting for Durham but I know loads of my friends are waiting for Bristol offers and thy sent theirs off months ago. However I know it often depends on the department you're applying to and the university.
Track is down... :frown:
Coventry and Aston don't even do acknowledgement emails so I'm pretty much left in the dark.
Harper Adams and Warwick are sending out interviews very quickly!
Reply 724
Sent my application on 23/10 for Economics.
Received an offer from UEA in 4 days, Kent yesterday and Surrey today.

Still waiting on Birmingham and Loughborough, although Birmingham emailed me earlier today saying that my application has been referred to the admissions tutor for further consideration so reckon I'll get a rejection from them.
Sent my applications to Edinburgh on 21th Oct and received a offer yesterday( A in maths or FMaths and BB in 2 other subjects). It was Philosophy and Maths that I applied to btw. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
I applied for History and Chinese at:
Nottingham
Leeds
Sheffield
Hull
Hertfordshire

Sent off on September 23 and I got 5 offers within a week and a half. My boyfriend already has two offers from Liverpool and Liverpool John Mores for Phsycology in two days.

Good luck to everyone waiting for offers!
Original post by falloutboyyy
Warwick york Birmingham Bristol Manchester all quick with my friends and I

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard that Bristol doesn't send offers out till after the Jan 15 deadline for some courses...do you know if that's true at all??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
I got Reading back like 3/4 days after my application was submitted.

how long did it take for them to send you an acknowledgement email? I've had all of mine already except for them 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Modern Languages (Spanish and German) on September 15th.
Received a conditional offer from Royal Holloway last friday, UCL and King's this week and an invitation for an interview at Cambridge (Newnham) today, and I'm still waiting for Queen Mary, although it's been almost 4 weeks since they acknowledged my application.
The waiting is torturous, but I'm glad that I got an offer from UCL, since it's my second choice, right next to Cambridge.

Good luck to everyone else!
Original post by SallyElizabeth1
Warwick and Edinburgh have sent me one for maths :smile:

What kinda offers are they? And which unis and courses have you applied to? :smile:
I applied to Edinburgh, Nottingham, Heriot watt, Leeds and Birmingham. So far only Leeds has given me an offer (Chemical engineering)
my application was sent off by my college today and I had an acknowledgment from reading within the hour, I applied for psychology
Original post by Hazza97
Sent my application on 23/10 for Economics.
Received an offer from UEA in 4 days, Kent yesterday and Surrey today.

Still waiting on Birmingham and Loughborough, although Birmingham emailed me earlier today saying that my application has been referred to the admissions tutor for further consideration so reckon I'll get a rejection from them.

Don't think negative, you might get an offer!!! I'm applying to uni of birmingham too, they are so slow!
Internal conditional offer for BSc Adult Nursing at Plymouth University for the Feb 2016 intake 😊
Sent mine off for Mechanical Engineering 2 weeks ago and already got 5 offers!!

3 are straight up offers - Sheffield, Southampton, Leicester.

2 are invites to applicant days that will result in offers, the informal interviews only determine how favourably they look on me if I don't get the results!These two unis are Leeds and Newcastle.

Good luck everyone!
Applied on the 13th October

Received:

Birmingham - 20th
King's - 20th
Warwick - 21st
Queen Mary - 22nd
Manchester - Received my interview 5th Nov
Original post by paperandpencil
queen mary and reading were pretty quick

Really? I'm waiting to hear back from QM sent my UCAS off a while ago. Although to be fair I'm applying to do a foundation year
Applied for Engineering, 12th Oct

Leeds - Offer on 28th Oct

Manchester - Offer on 28th Oct

Imperial College London - on Nov 4th, was sent an invitation to an interview that takes place on the 25th

Oxford - admissions teeesssttttsss .__.

Durham - they've informed applicants that they're waiting until later, to give late applicants a fair chance.
Reply 739
I applied at the end of September and I've had offers from York, Leeds, Sheffield and Exeter in that order! Just waiting to hear if I have an Oxford interview 😯

Latest

Trending

Trending