The Student Room Group

psychology vs global health intercalated degree?

Finding it really hard to decide between the two.. pros/cons of each? whats harder/easier?
Original post by tpxvs
Finding it really hard to decide between the two.. pros/cons of each? whats harder/easier?

One is not automatically 'easier' than the other. It just depends on what you find interesting and what you are good at! I would research both courses in detail - what modules would you study, and what does each involve? Then draw up your own list of pros and cons of each.
Reply 2
Yeh, definitely look at the modules in detail. Look at the subjects of the sessions, the teachers (who are they?) and the way the assessments work. If you have free reign over module choices make sure you are a little bit sensible about assessment deadlines (e.g. 3 modules, all which have an assignment which you need to complete in 1 week, all due on the same date = not fun).
Reply 3
Original post by Asklepios
One is not automatically 'easier' than the other. It just depends on what you find interesting and what you are good at! I would research both courses in detail - what modules would you study, and what does each involve? Then draw up your own list of pros and cons of each.

Original post by Beska
Yeh, definitely look at the modules in detail. Look at the subjects of the sessions, the teachers (who are they?) and the way the assessments work. If you have free reign over module choices make sure you are a little bit sensible about assessment deadlines (e.g. 3 modules, all which have an assignment which you need to complete in 1 week, all due on the same date = not fun).

Everyone always says to look at modules but I cant seem to find that level of info on the website neither did they have it at the intercalation fair.. do most people directly email the faculty to find info ourselves
Original post by tpxvs
Everyone always says to look at modules but I cant seem to find that level of info on the website neither did they have it at the intercalation fair.. do most people directly email the faculty to find info ourselves

I don't think in detail information is available online in general. We had study guides for each course posted in the web portal, but maybe you don't.

If you're still struggling to find info, you could try emailing the course organised for each of the programmes. Alternatively if you know any older medics that intercalated in either of those subjects, could ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending