The Student Room Group

Deloitte first interview

Hi all

I have a first round interview interview for Tax-GES at Deloitte. Has anyone been to one before? Any helpful hints?

I've been told it'll include an interview and a group case study.

Thanks in advance
Original post by Kaspar123
Hi all

I have a first round interview interview for Tax-GES at Deloitte. Has anyone been to one before? Any helpful hints?

I've been told it'll include an interview and a group case study.

Thanks in advance

Hey, have you had your interview already? I'm also going to a first-round interview at Deloitte (for tax) soon. I was wondering if you could please give me some insight into the group exercise and case study please? Also, I was wondering how large the groups are for the group exercise?

Reply 2
Hi, had my interview on the Friday the 30th and I heard back on the Monday.

We did the individual case study first which was around 10 pages and we had 20 minutes to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation with our recommendations. It sounds like a tight squeeze but just relax and read through all the information carefully. Doesn't really matter what you say, as long as you can justify it and show you've thought it through. Also try to show your commercial awareness during your recommendations.

The interview followed and that was around 75 minutes. Very relaxed style, but that might have just been my interviewers. It started with a discussion about the project and from there is was basically just a normal conversation. Wanted to know more about Uni, lifestyle, just getting to know you. My only set two questions were why Deloitte, and why GES. My advice is pretty obvious but try to really nail these questions, show lots of enthusiasm and be yourself. They will be able to tell if you are being someone who you aren't.

We then had the group exercise which was very similar to the first exercise but longer. There were five of us. Again, my advice is fairly normal, contribute but don't be overbearing. There wasn't a clock in the room so offering to time the project is a good idea.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have any. I had my partner interview at the end of last week and I'm still waiting to hear back so fingers crossed for that. What office are you applying to?
Original post by Kaspar123
Hi, had my interview on the Friday the 30th and I heard back on the Monday.

We did the individual case study first which was around 10 pages and we had 20 minutes to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation with our recommendations. It sounds like a tight squeeze but just relax and read through all the information carefully. Doesn't really matter what you say, as long as you can justify it and show you've thought it through. Also try to show your commercial awareness during your recommendations.

The interview followed and that was around 75 minutes. Very relaxed style, but that might have just been my interviewers. It started with a discussion about the project and from there is was basically just a normal conversation. Wanted to know more about Uni, lifestyle, just getting to know you. My only set two questions were why Deloitte, and why GES. My advice is pretty obvious but try to really nail these questions, show lots of enthusiasm and be yourself. They will be able to tell if you are being someone who you aren't.

We then had the group exercise which was very similar to the first exercise but longer. There were five of us. Again, my advice is fairly normal, contribute but don't be overbearing. There wasn't a clock in the room so offering to time the project is a good idea.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have any. I had my partner interview at the end of last week and I'm still waiting to hear back so fingers crossed for that. What office are you applying to?

This is great! Thanks for the help. I may come back to ask more questions later :smile: Good luck, hope you get it! I'm applying to the London office. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending