The Student Room Group

Course requirements with these GCSE Grades?

I'm predicted A*s for my GCSE science. However I took my first part of my gcse science exam last summer and got a result of C which I was predicted A*. I really want to do Biology A-level in sixth form but their entry requirements are two grade B's in science. What if I get a grade B, A or A* in my next gcse exam, would this be acceptable? Is their another way I can do the course?
Original post by Hassan254864
I'm predicted A*s for my GCSE science. However I took my first part of my gcse science exam last summer and got a result of C which I was predicted A*. I really want to do Biology A-level in sixth form but their entry requirements are two grade B's in science. What if I get a grade B, A or A* in my next gcse exam, would this be acceptable? Is their another way I can do the course?

If you got an B/A/A* next year it's more than likely they would, especially if you are staying at your current school. If you are really worried about it you might be able to retake in the summer, but I think you will be fine to do it :smile:
Even if you are unable to receive the grades you are predicted remain confident and don't give up, many sixth forms will have a discussions with those students who did not receive the recommended entry requirements and still manage to get a place!! I was predicted 10 B's and only manged four!! i still got into the grammer school sixth form i wanted (they asked for five B's) xxx
best of luck in your exams
Reply 3
I'm sure you'll be fine. Just revise and learn everything you need to know! Treat your exams as you would with a sport competition: you need to be confident and motivated, otherwise you won't do as well if not
Reply 4
lucky Im predicted all B's for all sciences and I want to carry on, In sixth form so technically I have no chance, even if I get a B in gcse and do continue it its like im gonna get a D/E for A-levels. everyone keeps telling me that I could get an a/a* if I try harder, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.
Reply 5
Original post by ALevelStudent375
Even if you are unable to receive the grades you are predicted remain confident and don't give up, many sixth forms will have a discussions with those students who did not receive the recommended entry requirements and still manage to get a place!! I was predicted 10 B's and only manged four!! i still got into the grammer school sixth form i wanted (they asked for five B's) xxx
best of luck in your exams

what a-levels are you doing? if you don't mind me asking, its just im predicted all B's for science gcse and I want to carry it on in sixth form , would you say that a-levels would be really tricky for me, if I chose science
Reply 6
Original post by Hassan254864

at least you are predicted A* in gcse science im predicted a B and I want to sixth form science well at least biology and chemistry..
Original post by libbyxx
what a-levels are you doing? if you don't mind me asking, its just im predicted all B's for science gcse and I want to carry it on in sixth form , would you say that a-levels would be really tricky for me, if I chose science

Hey; i was predicted all B's at GCSE also, i managed to gain 5 out of the 9 i was predicted (rest C's) i want to go into Nursing at Uni so i take Double Health and Social Care (2 alevels) Biology and Media(didnt want to do this but only gained a C in GCSE psychology so was only choice)
A levels are difficult yes but you step up and you get used to them! Universities prefer A levels over other additional cources, A level science would be good for if you a gain B's!! what are you interested in studying at university? or unsure? xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending