The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

I want to apply to a politics and economics course,however one of the requirements is a grade 7 gcse in maths. I meet the English language grade requirement however in maths I got a grade 5, would I still have a chance to get in regardless or should I not bother?
Original post by alicewalshe
I want to apply to a politics and economics course,however one of the requirements is a grade 7 gcse in maths. I meet the English language grade requirement however in maths I got a grade 5, would I still have a chance to get in regardless or should I not bother?

Where a university has a minimum GCSE Maths requirement they mean it. Dont have the grade automatic rejection. If you want to take this course re sit your Maths GCSE and show it as pending. That why if you get the grade 7 you will be accepted.

Another option would be just take a politics course. That doesnt normally have the Maths requirement.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Politics with Economics courses - therefore where Econ is a minor subject, usually about 25% of the degree - may not have the same Maths requirement so its worth checking. And you may be able to find a Politics course that includes some Econ units.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending