The Student Room Group

What Can Business Level 3 Extended Diploma take me into?

I'm a student at a College at the moment. I'm going to be finishing BTEC level 3 business extended diploma. what can this course take me into for my future.
Original post by shazaanzafran11
I'm a student at a College at the moment. I'm going to be finishing BTEC level 3 business extended diploma. what can this course take me into for my future.

Didn't you research this before you started?
Reply 2
Assuming that you want to progress into a career within the Business field. I am sure you are already aware that competition is very fierce even for people with degrees. However, that does not mean there are not opportunities if you decide to leave academia and move into work. Although, you will find it hard to secure a job in the current climate.

I would recommend, if you are still considering academia, usually BTEC students progress onto a foundation degree before embarking on the full bachelors. This would be a good route to go down if you cannot secure a place on the full degree program from the start.

in terms of career prospects, many students end up working as managers, consultants, or set up their own business as entrepreneurs. If like me, you may even decide to specialize in an area of business allowing you to gain expertise in the subject and therefore increase your employability in that sector at a more senior level instead of having to work your way up from the bottom.
Reply 3
Original post by shazaanzafran11

A Job I Hope i think that's about all
A degree in business isn't that hard to get onto, depending on the university. You can go into marketing, finance, HR, management etc
Yes I agree with digitalangel18, Business courses are not too difficult to get onto and most business related course at university will assume that you have not studied business before so they normally start at the beginning.
Reply 6
Original post by nottreece
Yes I agree with digitalangel18, Business courses are not too difficult to get onto and most business related course at university will assume that you have not studied business before so they normally start at the beginning.

I agree that some business degrees start at the beginning, but it is important to consider that business studies is an area that is constantly changing. Therefore, although unis tend to start at the basics, it progresses very quickly to cover the vast amount of material. You would have to keep on-top of the study material and do extensive additional readings especially that of business news and developments locally and internationally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending