The Student Room Group

HELP! Law with Criminology personal statement?!

Right, so here's the low down, I made a stupid mistake and applied for an art foundation after my A-levels. I've always loved art and been good at it so I figured why not...but then I got my results which were A*A*A* and I kinda regretted the decision, wishing I would've taken up Lit or Law in uni. Anyway I'm applying for Law with criminology and need personal statement help for UCAS.

Feel free to rip into it as much as you want, I need to make it as good as possible, so criticisms and advice are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!
(edited 8 years ago)
NOOOOO!!! Delete this ASAP. You're going to have to start from scratch! UCAS has a plagiarism checker and this counts. So delete it and paste the first sentence into google to see what comes up. NEVER post your personal statement on the internet, someone could always take it and use it as their own, apply before you and you'll be the one accused of plagiarism, not them! So please delete it....
Dude, you can't post your ps. Delete
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm afraid that you have to rewrite the whole thing. If you summit this, there is a real chance that you will be judged to have copied from an online source. 😱😓 Back to your question, universities are generally speaking not interested in you. They are interested in your passion for the subject. Try not to mention your personal background and your great uncle who graduated from Oxbridge or whatever. Mention books and great speeches that inspire you instead. Prove it to the admission officers that you really love to study the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
May I ask those who reply with full quotation of the original post delete their posts. The sooner the original post disappear from the cyber space the better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoyoyo48
Right, so here's the low down, I made a stupid mistake and applied for an art foundation after my A-levels. I've always loved art and been good at it so I figured why not...but then I got my results which were A*A*A* and I kinda regretted the decision, wishing I would've taken up Lit or Law in uni. Anyway I'm applying for Law with criminology and need personal statement help for UCAS.

Feel free to rip into it as much as you want, I need to make it as good as possible, so criticisms and advice are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

I have taken down your ps but it is now far too late. It will have been cached by Google and will be flagged up as plagiarised by Ucas. You have no alternative but to start again.
Can I make a request to others who spot that people who have done this despite the red warning notice at the top of the page, not to quote the post but to report it to the CT and just to reply without quoting. It makes it impossible for the OP to delete their ps should they realise quickly enough. Thanks to everyone who alerts posters to the dangers of posting their ps. We are trying vey hard to get the message across.
Reply 7
Lol no common sense here...I prolly would've ended up deleting the whole thing anyway, but thanks guys haha XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending