The Student Room Group

Psychology and Criminology Degree

Hi
I have been looking at different psychology courses and have come across Psychology and criminology. I was just wondering what sort of jobs this will allow me to get as I'm not entirely sure. Also, as my personal statement is written about a Psych course would i need to change it too much?
Thanks ;D
As long as the degree is BPS accredited, it should get you all the jobs a regular Psychology degree can get you, although the degree itself is geared more towards careers that have an element of crime in them - forensic psychologist, prison psychologist... I'd also imagine (but don't take my word as truth!) that the criminology side of the degree would open more doors for you in law enforcement agencies!
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
As long as the degree is BPS accredited, it should get you all the jobs a regular Psychology degree can get you, although the degree itself is geared more towards careers that have an element of crime in them - forensic psychologist, prison psychologist... I'd also imagine (but don't take my word as truth!) that the criminology side of the degree would open more doors for you in law enforcement agencies!

thank you so much! I'm also interested in child psychology so its good to know i can still follow that path if im not interested in forensics

Quick Reply

Latest