The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OGN
Has anyone received an offer for pure English yet? Well done to all those with offers already!!

Hey, yeah I've got an offer for straight English :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Has anyone not received any other emails from Durham besides the acknowledgement email? Kinda worried as they haven't sent me anything like the email mentions in previous posts
Original post by PunkyCupcake
I've applied for international relations.
I'm the last one to hear, all my friends have their offers already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for international relations too! still waiting, fingers crossed we hear soon from them!
Still waiting for International Relations :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PunkyCupcake
Still waiting for International Relations :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind me asking what your grades are like? I'm still waiting too
Original post by na1198ch
Do you mind me asking what your grades are like? I'm still waiting too

GCSE 9A* 2A
AS: AAA (one Pre-U)
Predicted: A* A and D2 (A*) in Pre-U

You?

Durham will be my likely firm so I'm praying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone else still waiting for a biomedical sciences response?? :s-smilie:
Original post by qwerty98
anyone else still waiting for a biomedical sciences response?? :s-smilie:

I am! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems to me that the english department has vanished into oblivion. RIP
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
It seems to me that the english department has vanished into oblivion. RIP

Same as the IR lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know which exact date we should start being allocated colleges? I received an email saying that for applicants who have received an offer by the 1st of February, college allocations begin in February and should be over by the 1st March.

I'm really hoping that means that the 1st Feb is the earliest day that I could receive a college allocation but I'm suspicious that they may start later in Feb. Can't deal with this anticipation! Just want to know if I got Castle (though I'm sure I didn't since only 1/20 do...)
Original post by Platopus
Does anyone know which exact date we should start being allocated colleges? I received an email saying that for applicants who have received an offer by the 1st of February, college allocations begin in February and should be over by the 1st March.

I'm really hoping that means that the 1st Feb is the earliest day that I could receive a college allocation but I'm suspicious that they may start later in Feb. Can't deal with this anticipation! Just want to know if I got Castle (though I'm sure I didn't since only 1/20 do...)

There is no specific date, although allocations are released in batches that depend on how early you applied.
Original post by cerlohee
There is no specific date, although allocations are released in batches that depend on how early you applied.

Thanks :smile: got my offer on the 4th of December so hopefully I will be in one of the earlier batches
Still waiting on an offer for MMath (European Studies). Was really hoping to hear earlier than this as Durham is my first choice. Has anyone got an offer for this course yet? My grades are
GCSE: 11 A*s
AS: 4As
Predicted: 4A*s
I also applied for Cambridge and so my UCAS has been in since early October, I'm a bit worried because I've heard Durham are reluctant to give offers to people they think have applied to Oxbridge. Is there any truth in this?
Original post by mhamill864
Still waiting on an offer for MMath (European Studies). Was really hoping to hear earlier than this as Durham is my first choice. Has anyone got an offer for this course yet? My grades are
GCSE: 11 A*s
AS: 4As
Predicted: 4A*s
I also applied for Cambridge and so my UCAS has been in since early October, I'm a bit worried because I've heard Durham are reluctant to give offers to people they think have applied to Oxbridge. Is there any truth in this?

None whatsoever. They don't even know that you applied to oxbridge, they can't see which other unis you applied for. No idea why people still believe that nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a feeling it'll be Durham that replies to me last, as I'm so keen to hear a decision from them. Agh this wait could be a long one... :frown:
I'm both nervous and excited! The offers will start flowing back in!!!! :h:
I had a dream that I didn't get into neither Oxford nor Durham and it was so sad...
Anyone heard for Classics?
Original post by mazzaion
I had a dream that I didn't get into neither Oxford nor Durham and it was so sad...

Hey, there's more to life than school. But I'm sure you've nothing to worry about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest