The Student Room Group

Is this a journal or a magazine or a report?

Sorry for bothering you guys, I emailed my teacher, no answer! :frown:

http://www.fmreview.org/en/FMRpdfs/FMR13/fmr13full.pdf
is the above link a journal/report/magazine? if not then what is it? I need to cite it into my essay using a specific referencing type but idk what it is:frown:

Here are the other issues if it will help!
http://www.fmreview.org/issues

THANK YOU!
:frown:
Reply 2
Magazine I guess?

You can see the word magazine on page 2 under heading subscription rates on the left hand side
You could say it's a report or possibly a magazine. What level are you studying at? As long as it's referenced correctly (including any quotations) I doubt the person marking it will be too excited. Good luck!
Original post by Duncan2012
You could say it's a report or possibly a magazine. What level are you studying at? As long as it's referenced correctly (including any quotations) I doubt the person marking it will be too excited. Good luck!

I'm on my third year.
Well, i want to know what it is because I will be referencing it according to that because magazines and reports have different referencing types.Also, if it is a magazine, I will avoid using it as a source too many times because it might weaken my essay as it's not a very legitimate source if it is a magazine i guess.. but then again, it seems like a very formal magazine or report so i was kind of confused.

Thanks for the help!
Original post by Ketchuplover
I'm on my third year.
Well, i want to know what it is because I will be referencing it according to that because magazines and reports have different referencing types.Also, if it is a magazine, I will avoid using it as a source too many times because it might weaken my essay as it's not a very legitimate source if it is a magazine i guess.. but then again, it seems like a very formal magazine or report so i was kind of confused.

Thanks for the help!

If I were referencing it I would say it's a report.
Original post by HSafirah
Magazine I guess?

You can see the word magazine on page 2 under heading subscription rates on the left hand side

Thank you, I've seen it now. Thanks for pointing it out! :smile:
If I were referencing it I would say it's a report.

Well, I guess I should do that too then, report sounds better on an essay :P
It's a regular publication by the Refugee Studies Centre at Oxford University, available free of charge to people in developing countries, students, the unemployed and other relevant groups - it's hardly comparable to Hello magazine! Either way, unless you're being tested specifically on your referencing skills I doubt anyone will mind what you call it as long as it's done correctly.
It's a regular publication by the Refugee Studies Centre at Oxford University, available free of charge to people in developing countries, students, the unemployed and other relevant groups - it's hardly comparable to Hello magazine! Either way, unless you're being tested specifically on your referencing skills I doubt anyone will mind what you call it as long as it's done correctly.

We are being tested for our referencing too and thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending