The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone actually know what the interview style is for Liverpool (A101)?
Anyone at warwick today at 2:15? I'm going to be early and was wondering if there's a cafe or anything in the med school?
Original post by edasheva
Does anyone actually know what the interview style is for Liverpool (A101)?

I literally just posted that in the liverpool thread...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3691195&page=7&p=61810625#post61810625
Whilst on the subject, what is the interview style for King's? I know it's mmi but I was wondering if there are any group questions or any actor is involved in any? Also I've heard that we may have a minute before actually having to answer a question to read it? That's what medicportal posted on this forum somewhere...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Men
Yeah it's great but the workload is pretty intense (as to be expected)... Well with Notts if you make the GAMSAT cut off then you get an email to complete a work experience questionnaire (which I think was sent by this time last year). If you meet their criteria for work experience (not sure what this is) then you get invited to interview. Interviews last year were in March time and were in an MMI format. Once you have finished the interview they score you on things like work experience, passion to be a doctor etc etc and based on the score they send out roughly 110 offers for the 87 places and 16 people get put on a waiting list. You get feedback from them too which is nice saying how you scored in the different sections.

I didn't find the MMI's too bad at Nottingham, they were all really friendly.

Hi
What sort of things did you have to do in your Nottingham MMI? Do you have any advice for them at all?
Thanks
Pretty late jumping on this bandwagon but the emotions have only just settled... I got a rejection from Barts too (without interview) and I have a first, so to everyone saying they're just rejecting people with 2:1s i don't have a clue what selection criteria they're using this year :K:
Original post by Shellfish002
Pretty late jumping on this bandwagon but the emotions have only just settled... I got a rejection from Barts too (without interview) and I have a first, so to everyone saying they're just rejecting people with 2:1s i don't have a clue what selection criteria they're using this year :K:

Maybe UKCAT? What did you get?
What do we need to take to warwick:
Degree
DBS form
and 3 forms of ID

with photocopies.

Thats it?
Original post by nickname_esco
What do we need to take to warwick:
Degree
DBS form
and 3 forms of ID

with photocopies.

Thats it?

Yep! And at least one form of ID has to be photo ID and another needs to have your address.

Good luck!
Does anyone know how many people kings are interviewing and what the interview to offer ratio is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackraven
Does anyone know how many people kings are interviewing and what the interview to offer ratio is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone above said about 170 for about 42 offers, so 4-1 innit
Just got a rejection from Barts for A100.
2.i (Cambridge) with Band 1 and 825 in the UKCAT. Slightly confused and rather disappointed as I thought A100 would be a bit less competitive than A101! Ah well, onwards and upwards.
Original post by Kate231
Hi
What sort of things did you have to do in your Nottingham MMI? Do you have any advice for them at all?
Thanks

We aren't really allowed to say what the interview was like as it obviously gives an unfair advantage to people. All I can say is that you get there, hand over your completed DBS form that they send you if you get an interview offer and then you all meet in one of the rooms (those people in your interview group). Then you go between the different interview rooms with a 1 minute break between each one. If you prepare as you would for any medical interview then you will be fine! They aren't trying to trip you up.
Original post by ah639
Just got a rejection from Barts for A100.
2.i (Cambridge) with Band 1 and 825 in the UKCAT. Slightly confused and rather disappointed as I thought A100 would be a bit less competitive than A101! Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Jesus! I'm really sorry, but thanks for sharing, makes me feel better about mine. 2:1 (not oxbridge!), MSc, 815/SJT1, rejected from Barts A101.

Can someone who got an interview offer for Barts shed any light on what it took?
Original post by Mr Men
We aren't really allowed to say what the interview was like as it obviously gives an unfair advantage to people. All I can say is that you get there, hand over your completed DBS form that they send you if you get an interview offer and then you all meet in one of the rooms (those people in your interview group). Then you go between the different interview rooms with a 1 minute break between each one. If you prepare as you would for any medical interview then you will be fine! They aren't trying to trip you up.

Can you say where there were any group tasks? Like, teambuilding exercises?
Original post by Itsatwap
Jesus! I'm really sorry, but thanks for sharing, makes me feel better about mine. 2:1 (not oxbridge!), MSc, 815/SJT1, rejected from Barts A101.

Can someone who got an interview offer for Barts shed any light on what it took?

They basically wanted a 1st. I have a 1st and only got 695 in the ukcat and got an interview.
Original post by nickname_esco
They basically wanted a 1st. I have a 1st and only got 695 in the ukcat and got an interview.

See a saw someone earlier who posted saying they have a first and got rejected. All seems very unsure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, well then, congratulations. They made it sound like the weighting between degree and UKCAT was 50/50, but it sounds like UKCAT's just a tiebreaker. Bit of a waste of an application slot, wish they'd made that public.
Original post by Itsatwap
Ah, well then, congratulations. They made it sound like the weighting between degree and UKCAT was 50/50, but it sounds like UKCAT's just a tiebreaker. Bit of a waste of an application slot, wish they'd made that public.

Agreed! I feel like I just wasted a choice as I deliberately applied to Barts thinking I'd have a shot at interview. I was so close with a 69% aha. Best of luck with your other choices!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending