The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know how long Surrey take to reply? Just waiting on their decision now and hoping it comes soon, though I have a feeling it'll be March I receive it
Does anyone know how fast and slow these universities are:

Newcastle
Liverpool
Warwick
Leeds
Exeter

And is it bad that I haven't had an offer yet? I sent my application about 2 weeks ago
Original post by smegsxo
Anyone know how long Surrey take to reply? Just waiting on their decision now and hoping it comes soon, though I have a feeling it'll be March I receive it

You get an offer after you've attended an applicant day, that's when I got mine, but I don't know if all courses have them (You'll get an invitation through the applicant portal if yours does).
Same question - does anyone know when I can expect an offer from:
Edinburgh
Southampton
Birmingham
Glasgow
Nottingham
?

Applying for CS.
Original post by Obstrepherous

Newcastle
Liverpool
Warwick
Leeds
Exeter

And is it bad that I haven't had an offer yet? I sent my application about 2 weeks ago

I applied to Exeter for Art History and Modern Languages on the 25th November and had an offer from them in just under a month (17 or 18th December I think) :smile: Good luck with your application!
Original post by smegsxo

What course did you apply to there and when did you apply?

I applied for Sociology on 11 December. It feels like I've been waiting months for them to get back to me so I can make Surrey my firm choice :dong:
Original post by Michael362
Same question - does anyone know when I can expect an offer from:
Edinburgh
Southampton
Birmingham
Glasgow
Nottingham
?

Applying for CS.

I'm applying for CS as well and Birmingham have taken ages, 3 months exactly to this day :/
Original post by undine_monty

I applied for Sociology on 11 December. It feels like I've been waiting months for them to get back to me so I can make Surrey my firm choice :dong:

I applied for Sociology! I sent my application off on the 23rd November and have all my other decisions, I'm just so impatient :colondollar:
Original post by Charliejb
I'm applying for CS as well and Birmingham have taken ages, 3 months exactly to this day :/

That's long, I expected it to be a month or two at most. Good luck with your application. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm applying for CS too Glasgow took exactly 3 weeks and offered me an unconditional and haven't heard from Edinburgh yet

I literally just got an offer from Surrey 10 minutes ago...are they following this?:tongue:

I applied for Sociology as well! Sent mine off on 10th December and no replies yet...
Original post by Michael362
That's long, I expected it to be a month or two at most. Good luck with your application. :smile:

Thanks, you too :smile: Its probably because my predicted grades (AAB) are slightly lower than the requirements. It doesn't bother me though as Ive got the offers I wanted
Original post by smegsxo
I literally just got an offer from Surrey 10 minutes ago...are they following this?:tongue:

Omg no way! Congrats :clap2: :ahee:. Is it with the training placement? Did they offer you AAB or ABB?

Newcastle
Liverpool
Warwick
Leeds
Exeter

Original post by Tilda Mew
Ive applied to do Business and Mngt at Exeter, Cardiff, Loughborough, York and Swansea. Cardiff replied with an offer quickly but still waiting on te others. I applied mid December but realise xmas holidays held things up. anyone any timeframes on Exeter for Business?

Exeter took just under a month for me

(Course was natural sciences)
Original post by ikoma_chen
I applied for Sociology as well! Sent mine off on 10th December and no replies yet...

You know I thought as the days, then weeks went by without an offer from them that it would be easier, like it wouldn't bother me as much but as the weeks have gone by, I've grown more and more frustrated everyday.

Then the frustration turns to sadness. I go through this cycle everyday, frustration then sadness, frustration then sadness. I'm so tired of it :ashamed2:

Did you apply for the training placement?

Newcastle
Liverpool
Warwick
Leeds
Exeter

Liverpool took three weeks for me and Exeter took about 2 months. This was two years ago though :tongue:

It varies greatly with department though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg no way! Congrats :clap2: :ahee:. Is it with the training placement? Did they offer you AAB or ABB?

Thanks! :biggrin: No, it's the 3 year course and they offered AAB.
Haven't heard anything from Bradford at all, got an offer from wolverhampton, and i have heard from aston, Portsmouth, and brighton but only about my tests and stuff..Will I eventually hear about interviews? how long does it usually take..btw I applied late november. I applied to Mpharm at all these places.
You know I thought as the days, then weeks went by without an offer from them that it would be easier, like it wouldn't bother me as much but as the weeks have gone by, I've grown more and more frustrated everyday.

Then the frustration turns to sadness. I go through this cycle everyday, frustration then sadness, frustration then sadness. I'm so tired of it :ashamed2:

Did you apply for the training placement?

I feel exactly the same, I'm just fed up with refreshing the track page all the time... I wish they could give us a clear waiting period which I know it's just not gonna happen...

I didn't apply for the training placement

Good luck with your application!

Latest

Trending

Trending