The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Arts and Sciences 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by che-mystery
I have my test day on wednesday! I'm majoring in societies and minoring in sciences & engineering.

Please could those who've already been to the test day please let me know what the dress code is? I'm not sure if it's smart in the way an interview would be or not as it's more of an applicant's day.

If anyone could help, I'd be really grateful!

(this is definitely the most important question to ask :wink: )

Everyone was dressed pretty chilled out in jeans and a t shirt. I wore a pink dress with a lace midriff, a cardigan and a pair of boots. Basically what I'd wear out with friends :h:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Everyone was dressed pretty chilled out in jeans and a t shirt. I wore a pink dress with a lace midriff, a cardigan and a pair of boots. Basically what I'd wear out with friends :h:

oh that's good then. Thank you!

Also, congrats on your offer!!
oh that's good then. Thank you!

Also, congrats on your offer!!

Thank you :h: good luck!
Reply 63
Original post by ohchristine
Majoring in Health and Environment and minor in Cultures, you?

Same :h:
Hey everyone!
Is anyone applying for the BASc majoring in Culture and/or minoring in Science and Engineering? If you took the test, what kind of questions did you have to answer? thank you in advance :wink:
Hey I'm on the 20th too. My friend went earlier and she said that everyone was really casual, like jeans and stuff. Hope that helps 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Hey does anyone know if the biology/chemistry question on the health and environment pathway is like an essay or broken down? Thanks :smile:
Reply 67
Anybody going tomorrow?
Original post by ohchristine
Hey I'm on the 20th too. My friend went earlier and she said that everyone was really casual, like jeans and stuff. Hope that helps 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!

good luck for tomorrow! What are you major/minoring in?
Original post by F.borne
Anybody going tomorrow?

I'm going tomorrow. What's your major/minor?
Original post by bl4rmy
Don't worry, I think the maths we did was only based on C3!! Our lectures were on a different topic though so I can't be sure :frown: as for the sciences, I do maths and further maths (did chemistry at AS but dropped it) and I managed but I did struggle because knowledge of A2 chemistry or physics was definitely expected!! I think I only got away with my poor answer to my second question because of double maths 😂 Out of the four sciences and engineering questions, the first was a compulsory maths one and the other three were definitely based on chemistry and physics so I would look over that a bit too. Don't worry about swotting loads because it's not the sort of test you can revise for and just throw facts at them, it's more of a "can you apply scientific thinking to these situations" and on ours they intentionally talked about an area of science not covered by a level syllabuses so that we were on even ground. Yeah you can use the Internet which I found helpful in my minor question (cultures) because I was able to look up quotes from a book I was writing about, but I didn't use it in the other questions - there wasn't time!! Good luck and enjoy the day at UCL!! Are you going to firm them?

Sorry that's a long one!! Trying to give fair advice without giving too much away is harder than it sounds 😂😂 but I emailed in advance to ask about chemistry and physics because I don't do them so I don't feel too bad about it!!

Thats okay, thank you for the long reply, I needed it!! Im going to go over some c3 suff tonight, do you think I should take my laptop? :smile: Also, since we have the internet to use, im sure ill be a little bit better despite the time limit. Also Im minoring in the same thing as you, as well! :biggrin: That means if we go, we'll see other on the course haha :smile:
Reply 71
I'm going tomorrow. What's your major/minor?

Major is Health and Environment, minor is Societies. You?
Reply 72
Original post by TheGeekGal
Thats okay, thank you for the long reply, I needed it!! Im going to go over some c3 suff tonight, do you think I should take my laptop? :smile: Also, since we have the internet to use, im sure ill be a little bit better despite the time limit. Also Im minoring in the same thing as you, as well! :biggrin: That means if we go, we'll see other on the course haha :smile:

To be honest I wouldn't bother with your laptop assuming you have a functional phone unless you think you're going to want to look things up - especially for the maths question typing your answers is probably more time consuming than just handwriting them!! Haha that's so cool, good luck for tomorrow!!!!

I think I saw you, I was also there on the 9th and got an offer!
What are the grades for your conditional offer?
yh boi, man finally got that offer :biggrin: thought the test went proper bad as well looool. A*AA offer, was praying for AAA but that would have been a miracle. calm af, went on the 9th for anyone who wants to know
Original post by greenorange
I think I saw you, I was also there on the 9th and got an offer!
What are the grades for your conditional offer?

😭😭😭 tfw you've been spotted... :undefined:ninja

Wasn't the movement and flow topic great 🙌

Congrats on your offer :h: I have already completed my IB, but need to improve my grade on two resits :3 wbu?
Original post by theone2498
yh boi, man finally got that offer :biggrin: thought the test went proper bad as well looool. A*AA offer, was praying for AAA but that would have been a miracle. calm af, went on the 9th for anyone who wants to know

Well done! :undefined:party

:undefined:ninja there were so many of us there on the 9th this is weird :lol:

Here's to hoping we all make it this summer!!!
Original post by bl4rmy
To be honest I wouldn't bother with your laptop assuming you have a functional phone unless you think you're going to want to look things up - especially for the maths question typing your answers is probably more time consuming than just handwriting them!! Haha that's so cool, good luck for tomorrow!!!!

You're right, I also tend to function better for essay writing when Im hand writing things anyways. Plus itll save the hassle of me worrying, I guess Ill just look things up on my phone :smile: We are allowed our phones into the test right? And thank you! again hah
thank you!

good luck for tomorrow! What are you major/minoring in?

No problem :smile: thank youu! Good luck to you as well. I'm majoring in Health and Environment and minoring in Cultures
Well done! :party:

:ninja: there were so many of us there on the 9th this is weird :lol:

Here's to hoping we all make it this summer!!!

Haha we will, we made it this far so we may as well finish the job!

Yeah there were loads, one thing I really liked was the huge range of people haha. Swear down there were like roadmans and nerds in the same room looooooooool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending