The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow and St Andrews to study neuroscience on the 15th December.

So far I have an unconditional from Aberdeen but havent heard back from anywhere else. How long do you think it will take? Its getting so stressful :biggrin:
Original post by Holllyberry
I applied to Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow and St Andrews to study neuroscience on the 15th December.

So far I have an unconditional from Aberdeen but havent heard back from anywhere else. How long do you think it will take? Its getting so stressful :biggrin:

I applied for Geography and heard back from Glasgow the next day, Aberdeen after a week, and Dundee after two weeks :smile:
Edinburgh and St Andrews take aaaggggeees, I've still not heard back from them :tongue:
Original post by Adelemyqueen
Got an offer from Cardiff! Sent off my application on 26 December :smile:

Hey, do you mind me asking what course you applied for?

I applied to Cardiff December 1st and haven't heard anything yet! :frown: x
Original post by pâquerette03

English literature :smile: Don't worry, I guess it depends on the department!
English literature :smile: Don't worry, I guess it depends on the department!

Ah congratulations! I'm at Cardiff doing English Literature at the moment. Best of luck with your exams -- I hope you get in! :biggrin:
Ah congratulations! I'm at Cardiff doing English Literature at the moment. Best of luck with your exams -- I hope you get in! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: I hope so too :biggrin: What are you applying for then?
Original post by slothonist
I applied for Geography and heard back from Glasgow the next day, Aberdeen after a week, and Dundee after two weeks :smile:
Edinburgh and St Andrews take aaaggggeees, I've still not heard back from them :tongue:

Aww why are they being so slow for me? :frown: where are you hoping to go?

Hi, has Anybody got offers for Eco from UCL??
Got an unconditional offer from Gloucestershire today, I applied on the 13th of Jan. :smile:
Original post by Holllyberry
Aww why are they being so slow for me? :frown: where are you hoping to go?

I think it depends on the department. Each department has a different way of dealing with applications :smile:
I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh, what about you?
Thank you :smile: I hope so too :biggrin: What are you applying for then?

Midwifery! But I don't think anyone applying to Cardiff for this course has heard back yet soooo i'm not too worried atm.
Just got a conditional for Brighton! Sent my application off 9th Dec. So happy :biggrin:
so many people doing computer science haha, any chemical engineers? looking to transfer to newcastle, edinburgh, heriot watt, strathclyde or leeds
Sheffield gave me an offer today (sent off my application on 26 December) :smile:
I got my offer for Lincoln within hours of them receiving my application, still waiting on Anglia Ruskin, Leicester, Exeter and Bangor, I'm hoping that the fact my application got officially sent off the day before the UCAS deadline doesn't affect anything :s-smilie:
Original post by radiohead97
When did you apply and for what course? :smile:

I applied on 10th October for biochem! What about you?
Original post by slothonist
I think it depends on the department. Each department has a different way of dealing with applications :smile:
I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh, what about you?

Anywhere : D Aberdeen is my last choice because Ive lived there my whole life and hope to go somewhere new and different. Ideally Edinburgh or Glasgow, but I would happily go to Dundee :smile:
Original post by Nicoley-oley
I got my offer for Lincoln within hours of them receiving my application, still waiting on Anglia Ruskin, Leicester, Exeter and Bangor, I'm hoping that the fact my application got officially sent off the day before the UCAS deadline doesn't affect anything :s-smilie:

It doesn't matter if you sent it off four months before the deadline.

Sending it before 6PM on January 15th is all that matters, and you sent it before then.

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by m_james
It doesn't matter if you sent it off four months before the deadline.

Sending it before 6PM on January 15th is all that matters, and you sent it before then.

:smile:

That's reassuring, thank you :redface: I've heard people saying that places start to fill up way back in October when people start to send off their applications, I'm glad that's not the case :smile:
Reply 2139
Original post by Nicoley-oley
That's reassuring, thank you :redface: I've heard people saying that places start to fill up way back in October when people start to send off their applications, I'm glad that's not the case :smile:

If that's true then I have no hope... I sent mine off at 4pm on the day of the deadline... :frown:

Anybody had offers from SOAS or Brunel?

Latest

Trending

Trending