The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A sad sate of affairs but a necessary precaution
Clockboy v.2
Reply 3
Don't see what the fuss is about.
Person does something that requires involvement of the police.
Thing turns out to be mistake.
No further action taken.

*sets timer to see how long it is before the Islamophobia/racism card is played*
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
Clockboy v.2

Clockmed*
Poor little fella :frown:
Original post by QE2
No further action taken.

*sets timer to see how long it is before the Islamophobia/racism card is played*

You forgot about "white privilege" bs.
Reply 7
A school has a duty to report ....
The police has a duty to investigate ...
Reply 8
Perhaps he didn't write terrorist house "by accident"?
Perhaps it was a deliberate action. A cry for help?
Perhaps he was grassing up his parents/siblings?
Perhaps he wanted a visit to Downing Street and a some new kit?
Who knows?

Future events may clarify.
(edited 8 years ago)
Inb4 sues for 15m GBP
I'm usually all for necessary police intervention but this seems like overkill even to me. Surely a quick "What did you mean by this word?" would have sufficed when the answer inevitably turned out to be "my house is in the middle of lots of other houses".

I mean, would a 10 year old even recognise terrorism at home? I doubt they would refer to themselves as such among themselves at home.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'm usually all for necessary police intervention but this seems like overkill even to me. Surely a quick "What did you mean by this word?" would have sufficed when the answer inevitably turned out to be "my house is in the middle of lots of other houses".

I mean, would a 10 year old even recognise terrorism at home? I doubt they would refer to themselves as such among themselves at home.

Better safe than sorry.
Original post by 0123456543210
Better safe than sorry.

Better to ask a simple question than to waste police time.
Exactly! People on here saying the school have a duty to report are ridiculous. If a child wrote "my mum says my sister has nice boobs" instead of boots. The teacher would ask the child to clarify and people would think its funny. There wouldn't be an immediate inquest into sexual abuse and/or incest. That would be just as absurd as what has happened to this poor child. He may not want to go back to school after being interrogated by the police. This could ruin the young boys chance at an education :frown:
Reply 14
there was an article this morning in the Metro about ISIS recruiting children and grooming them just like sexual predators etc. and it's been talked about a lot so I'm not surprised people are very worried.
Most children are vulnerable to this kind of stuff so you gotta look for the hints.
Better to be safe than sorry
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous1471
He may not want to go back to school after being interrogated by the police. This could ruin the young boys chance at an education :frown:
Genius!
I hadn't spotted that angle (although I'm sure the legal teams already queueing up at his door had!)
Exactly! People on here saying the school have a duty to report are ridiculous. If a child wrote "my mum says my sister has nice boobs" instead of boots. The teacher would ask the child to clarify and people would think its funny. There wouldn't be an immediate inquest into sexual abuse and/or incest. That would be just as absurd as what has happened to this poor child. He may not want to go back to school after being interrogated by the police. This could ruin the young boys chance at an education :frown:

Commenting on one's sister's assets has nothing to do with sexual abuse and incest isn't a crime as far as I'm aware. Whereas terrorism is a serious matter and no wonder there are very strict laws to prevent such acts from happening. Teacher did his/her work diligently and could have easily saved lives in case if the family ended up being involved in terrorism. Failure to report terrorist activity is an offence btw.

Something must have totally ruined your education altogether with common sense since you think that potentially preventing an act of terrorism (based on a reasonable belief) isn't important enough.
Original post by QE2
No further action taken.

No opportunity to descend into hysterics and shriek about victimhood and the "conspiracy against Islam" will be passed up.

At some point, you have to wonder whether these people like living this way.
what has happened to this poor child. He may not want to go back to school after being interrogated by the police. This could ruin the young boys chance at an education

Precisely what has "happened" to him? He was asked a few questions, the misunderstanding was cleared up.

The tendency for the Muslim community and their leftist fellow travellers to go into hysterics and shriek about victimhood in response to complete non-events is pathetically sad.

If they took the plague of terrorism and elevated levels of criminality that exist within their community half as seriously as they take any opportunity to pose as benighted victims of the evil Western conspiracy against Islam, we might actually see some progress
Reply 19
Paranoia blooming away nicely.

Latest

Trending

Trending