The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AweysAbdul
Yeah my matha exam went a lot better than my physics exams. I was seated in the 12th row at the very back. What subjects did you pick and have you applied anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths further maths physics and chemistry. I've applied to Kings College London maths School and my own school. What about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1261
Hopefully got over 90% in everything and full marks in maths I think
Woah...that's pretty good - I think I flopped because I left loads of questions put in Maths and did bad on the essay in Biology
I think they mark quite harshly, the other year it was like 60% to get through and that eliminated a fair few people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erodedsoul
I think they mark quite harshly, the other year it was like 60% to get through and that eliminated a fair few people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

60% overall? No chance for me then.
What did u guys get for the circuit questions on the physics paper? For the first one I got 0.75 amps and for the second one I got 30 ohms. Not sure if these are correct...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kennethdcharles
Maths further maths physics and chemistry. I've applied to Kings College London maths School and my own school. What about you?

Same subjects as you and only hwsf and my school. We could potentially be in all the same classes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goldenusername
60% overall? No chance for me then.

Really? I think you're being quite hard on yourself, read last years feed, loads of people got interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by okey

What subjects did u take ur exams in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did u guys get for the circuit questions on the physics paper? For the first one I got 0.75 amps and for the second one I got 30 ohms. Not sure if these are correct...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's what I got!

Edit: Wait actually, I can't remember if my first answer was 0.75 or 0.25 but my second was definitely 30.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Melz101
Btw what did anybody get for the no of moles in chemistry??

I got 0.38 moles. But the isomer thing and the relative atomic mass calculation was so dodgy. What did anyone get for the relative atomic mass of indium?
(edited 8 years ago)
Same subjects as you and only hwsf and my school. We could potentially be in all the same classes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! That's if I did well enough. What percentage do you think you'll average across both exams?
omg I haven't been on this site for ages!
I'm panicking so much right now. I keep checking my answers with anyone I can find.

How many solutions did you guys get for the question a + b^2 + C^3 < 37? I got 6 solutions

I only got 4 solutions. Do you remember what yours were?

Original post by kennethdcharles
Did anyone else get 12% for the Tottenham question?

I got 12% too but I'm not so sure it was right. One of my friends got 30% and her method seemed to make much more sense.

Original post by okey

That's amazing! I wish I could say the same :frown:

Original post by BluBird :)
I got 0.38 moles. But the isomer thing and the relative atomic mass calculation was so dodgy. What did anyone get for the relative atomic mass of indium?

I got that too for the moles! I got 114.9 for the relative atomic mass of indium. I'm pretty sure one of my isomers was wrong.
Original post by queen_kay
omg I haven't been on this site for ages!
I'm panicking so much right now. I keep checking my answers with anyone I can find.

I only got 4 solutions. Do you remember what yours were?

I got 12% too but I'm not so sure it was right. One of my friends got 30% and her method seemed to make much more sense.

That's amazing! I wish I could say the same :frown:

I got that too for the moles! I got 114.9 for the relative atomic mass of indium. I'm pretty sure one of my isomers was wrong.

Okay, thank god someone else got that as an answers for moles because my friends were freaking me out with numbers in two digits. I didn't really get the isomer question, I felt like I was repeating the same thing. The carbon dioxide diagram was a pain because I was trying to draw circles free hand and make them look roughly tidy.
In the exam, he said 'under one minute left' and I was literally freaking out, I wrote so fast on my last question that I don't even know if it made any sense :frown:

And it seems like maths and science was popular, because when he said 'if you're doing both exams do maths first and put your calculator on the floor' I felt like half the hall put their calculators on the floor haha.
Anyone do French and geography.....?
Original post by erodedsoul
Did anyone actually do their exams at Harris Westminster school? Haven't heard of anyone 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I saw someone say that they went to HWSF because they needed a type writer, but I'm not completely sure if that was for everyone who went there.
Original post by amarocks88
I did not get the last question either but it was good good good other than that.

Did anyone find the geography paper weird like what was Part B. Part A was good because my geography teacher actually used the graph in our lesson

The geography paper was really weird! Like you said part A for me was ok I understood it well, but section B was really weird..... I barely understood the article x__x
If anyone needs hope, look at the older posts in this thread, some people thought they did terribly but they got an interview.
Reply 1279
Hey everyone, hope everyone did well :smile:)

Ahh today's exam was quite stressful, I think I did kinda okay on the maths exam but the chemistry exam wasn't that great for me :s-smilie:

Those doing maths, what did you get for the question about how many pages in the romance novel????
I think I got 350 but I'm not sure, it was all over the place for me lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending