The Student Room Group

480 UCAS points but entry requirement is 240?

I want to do diplomacy and international relations and the only course I can find on this is at some uni in London (that I forget the name of, oops) and the entry requirement is BBC / 240 UCAS points. My predicted grades are AAAA at 480 points and everyone is telling me to apply for oxbridge or one of the russell group, but I really like the look of this course.

If I'm going to get around 480 points, should I even consider going somewhere where the requirement is about half the number of my points?
Well if that's the only Uni/College that runs that course, no? If that's what you want to do, you want to find the best course. If that's the only one, then either reconsider your options or just go with that university in London.
Reply 2
Probably not, even if you like it there are reasons why the req. is so low. I mean you can apply there if you want, but maybe do some research and I'm sure you will find other courses which you like the look of too.
why can't you apply to a normal IR/Politics course?
Reply 4
If your goal is to become a diplomat/politician, you'll be much better off doing a normal politics/IR course at a better university.

You should probably do a bit of research on the requirements of your chosen career
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
you get to apply to 5 so just include it in your options, maybe put it as insurance
Reply 6
Which uni is this?
Original post by rflxvvrbs
I want to do diplomacy and international relations and the only course I can find on this is at some uni in London (that I forget the name of, oops) and the entry requirement is BBC / 240 UCAS points. My predicted grades are AAAA at 480 points and everyone is telling me to apply for oxbridge or one of the russell group, but I really like the look of this course.

If I'm going to get around 480 points, should I even consider going somewhere where the requirement is about half the number of my points?

If its the one at London Met then I've just had a look at the course content and its so similar to the straight International Relations course I studied, so do look at other IR courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending