The Student Room Group

Why some unis have different entry requirements for the same course?

I've noticed that a lot of unis require the amount of ucas points that are equivalent to a BBC but say that they want AAA, and I don't know what requirement to go off of.
Original post by Dorito_Girl13
I've noticed that a lot of unis require the amount of ucas points that are equivalent to a BBC but say that they want AAA, and I don't know what requirement to go off of.

If they set grade requirement that is what you need to achieve. Leading universities dont use ucas points. Which university and course is this for. It is extremely unusual for a discrepancy between 144 points and 112 points.
Are both requirements listed on the unis website?
Reply 3
You always look at the entry requirements on that University's website for the relevant course page.
And only that.

Third party websites - including UCAS - jumble up entry requirements and are therefore unreliable/confusing/unhelpful.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Are both requirements listed on the unis website?

i was using the university guide website
Original post by Dorito_Girl13
i was using the university guide website

As above, third party websites might be converting actual grades into tarriff points and are not reliable. Just go off the grade requirements on the uni's own websites.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
As above, third party websites might be converting actual grades into tarriff points and are not reliable. Just go off the grade requirements on the uni's own websites.

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending