The Student Room Group

Corbyn's CND desecrates whale corpse

The Corbynites have no shame, they will desecrate whale corpses to make a political point.

The only upside to this is that the utter bellend who interfered with the whale only ended up drawing the Mercedes Benz logo rather than the CND logo :lol: Both stupid and malevolent

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeoAngliae
The Corbynites have no shame, they will desecrate whale corpses to make a political point.

The only upside to this is that the utter bellend who interfered with the whale only ended up drawing the Mercedes Benz logo rather than the CND logo :lol: Both stupid and malevolent

Whoever did it should be arrested for vandalism. That is my genuine opinion.

Who the hell does that? Not to mention it ****s with CSIPs media work completely - and they do really important research that deserves to be publicised far more than these douchebags.
Looks like the peace sign/cnd logo to me.

Also pretty misleading thread title, the CND isn't Corbyn's, he isn't even in charge of the CND, he has an honorary role as, iirc, vice-president. CND have existed since Corbyn was still in school.

Anyway I agree with the basic point that whoever did it was completely wrong and frankly an idiot, completely the wrong way to go about making a point that you believe in, whales are majestic animals which, like all other life, should be respected. In the end however it is one person being stupid, not the CND, nor Corbyn or his supporters, of which this person may not eve be one, the CND has a lot of support from the greens, many who are hostile to corbyn, as well as support from the snp, some lib dems and even a tory or two I believe.
CND=/=Corbynite

The CND has existed for decades, is an international movement, and is merely supported by Corbyn.

I'll concede the guy is an idiot for drawing the mercedes logo.
hahaha it is the Merc symbol!

not the CND symbol
Original post by BaconandSauce
hahaha it is the Merc symbol!

not the CND symbol

Image from the CND's website of the first badge made of their logo/symbol
Original post by Kay_Winters

Yes and if you look at the fin, the symbol is missing the verticle line at the bottom, making it the mercedes logo.
The whale was dead so clearly didn't give a toss, and it was promptly tossed into a landfill. It's a non-story, but I realise getting outraged over non-stories is a national pastime.
Original post by Gwilym101
Yes and if you look at the fin, the symbol is missing the verticle line at the bottom, making it the mercedes logo.

Ah, that's what forgetting your glasses at home does I suppose, I genuinely can't tell from the image
Original post by Quantex
The whale was dead so clearly didn't give a toss, and it was promptly tossed into a landfill. It's a non-story, but I realise getting outraged over non-stories is a national pastime.

This thread reminds me of Daily Mail/The Sun click bait. Conflation of CND and Corbyn, especially in the title for the right wing to feed off.

I wish people were more rational and didn't rely on spin so much to push their political agenda. Not just on this but all things.

Yeah I'm being too idealistic, but I just don't get why people purposely lie and bend facts. The worst part is-people believe it.
Original post by Quantex

Quite.
Corbyn and his voters have never cared about animal rights. It's all about killing what's left and building on every green space in the UK to house the third world
The whale was dead and will have been disposed of anyway, I don't see what the outrage is.
Original post by Quantex

So much for "Keep calm and carry on" of old.
Ahab's hippie years.
Original post by Quantex

It is a bit tasteless. I wouldn't do it.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter.
(edited 8 years ago)

and the img on the fin is
How dare they desecrate my ex like that
Original post by BaconandSauce
and the img on the fin is

I've already reply to someone else about this, see below

Ah, that's what forgetting your glasses at home does I suppose, I genuinely can't tell from the image

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending