The Student Room Group

Secondary MFL pgce interview at UCL - I'm stuck!

Scroll to see replies

I graduated from UCL in 2012. Got a 2.1 in Spanish and Latin American Studies. I have been working as a special needs TA for two years now.

I hope you're right ;-)
What's your situation?
Original post by Evita_Peron
I graduated from UCL in 2012. Got a 2.1 in Spanish and Latin American Studies. I have been working as a special needs TA for two years now.

I hope you're right ;-)
What's your situation?

I graduated with a 1st last year from Edinburgh University, I was studying French and Italian.

This year I have done a few freelance writing jobs, got a few things published, I volunteer in a couple of museums and I'm just generally trying to get what side jobs I can.

I am trying to find tutoring jobs in London, but it's tough.
I agree, it's very tough. I have one tutoring job and it's for my colleague's daughter!

I got an offer from UCL this afternoon :smile: I'm so happy and sooo relieved!
I agree, it's very tough. I have one tutoring job and it's for my colleague's daughter!

I got an offer from UCL this afternoon :smile: I'm so happy and sooo relieved!

Congratulations! Knew it though. :wink:
Let's go for that coffee some time.
Deffo! I'm so excited, can't wait for September :biggrin:
Original post by lizfairy
Congratulations! Knew it though. :wink:
Let's go for that coffee some time.

Hi lizfairy! Have you heard from UCL about the SKEs? Have you arranged anything yet?
Hi lizfairy! Have you heard from UCL about the SKEs? Have you arranged anything yet?

Yes been accepted onto course, just need to hear back about funding etc!
Shoot! I need to get in touch with UCL then! Did you arrange it yourself or did they arrange it for you?
oh, and was completing an SKE a condition of yout offer?
oh, and was completing an SKE a condition of yout offer?

Yes it was. I got in touch with them myself. Do you also have this condition?
Hi, I am applying for a PGCE in Science with Physics. I already got one offer and I have an interview at the UCL coming up. I would like to hear some reviews from the students in order to decide between the two universities. Is there anybody here that did a PGCE in Science? Are you happy from what the uni had to offer to you?Any advice? :smile:
Reply 31
Actually I found it really funny AND relevant
Thank you for taking your time to make this comment, really helpful...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending