The Student Room Group

I am Dez, lead developer. Ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What's it like to be a part of running a highly popular site? What are the major stressors and how do you deal with them?
This site has so many bugs I can't even count, congratz on the good job
Reply 22
Original post by The Warsmith
When are we getting the new and improved TSR app? Improved being a misnomer since it was never good to begin with :smile:

Soon (ish).

Original post by Axel Johann
Is there ever going to be like an Instant messaging feature or private chatroom thing on TSR?

Not especially likely, something like that is pretty tricky to moderate. Thread pages may get streamlined a bit though, the current interface is definitely a bit clunky, especially on fast-moving threads.

Original post by Hols W
What's it like to be a part of running a highly popular site? What are the major stressors and how do you deal with them?

The biggest worry is always speed and site reliability. With so many people on the site, we have to be careful not to piss off the student population with slow loading or downtime, even for a short while, it can cause massive problems. Generally though, it gets easier to spot common issues before they become a problem, so long as we remain reasonably vigilant. :lockstock:

Original post by Lord Kek
This site has so many bugs I can't even count, congratz on the good job

Well don't forget to report them so we can fix the place up. :smile:

Original post by Foo.mp3
On a scale of 1 to Ozzy Osbourne, roughly how Vitamin D deficient are thee? :mmm:

Probably around a North Scandinavian, I get outside but I tend to shrivel to a crisp in hot weather.

Quick Reply

Latest