The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Workload at Reading

Hello... I was wondering if there is anyone out there studying law at University of Reading who can shed some light on the workload expected of a law student for all three years of a Bachelor in Law programme and is it difficult to get a 2:1 degree... I also want to know if it is feasible to travel from Ashvale to University of Reading... and last thing how about the contact hours for years 2 and 3... Please help thanking you all in advance
Reply 1
I didn't study law at Reading but I know a few people who did.

In terms of contact hours, you're probably looking at 15-20 hours per week in 2nd and 3rd year. This is quite typical of arts and social science degrees. Science degrees are typically more.

From Ash Vale that's about 20-25 miles right? Perfectly doable, but whether you want to commute or not is a different question. Personally I felt the university experience is a lot more rich living with your friends in halls / student housing.

In terms of work load, it's going to be pretty heavy. Lots of essays and reading to do, this goes with any degree you study though. Especially heavy in third year, and that's expected. If you put the effort in, a 2.1 is achievable. A first, however, is very difficult in a subject like law.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kre
I didn't study law at Reading but I know a few people who did.

In terms of contact hours, you're probably looking at 15-20 hours per week in 2nd and 3rd year. This is quite typical of arts and social science degrees. Science degrees are typically more.

From Ash Vale that's about 20-25 miles right? Perfectly doable, but whether you want to commute or not is a different question. Personally I felt the university experience is a lot more rich living with your friends in halls / student housing.

In terms of work load, it's going to be pretty heavy. Lots of essays and reading to do, this goes with any degree you study though. Especially heavy in third year, and that's expected. If you put the effort in, a 2.1 is achievable. A first, however, is very difficult in a subject like law.

Thank you so much for this piece of information. I wanted to know if those who graduate from the University of Reading are most likely to get a training contract or pupillage in top law firms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending