The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for finance today after applying for economics, anybody else applied to this course?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Just got an offer for Law!!! I've been waiting since October so hold on to hope. Now just to wait and see which college I get allocated to :smile:
Original post by AliceHealy
Just got an offer for Law!!! I've been waiting since October so hold on to hope. Now just to wait and see which college I get allocated to :smile:

Congrats :smile: Which college did you apply to?
Do you have to firm your offer to be allocated a college or can you see your college before you decide?
Reply 1744
Original post by Bigdog7
Do you have to firm your offer to be allocated a college or can you see your college before you decide?

They will contact you before you make a decision, probably via email.
Original post by Chris Cartner
If you've got any questions about the City itself, I can answer questions as I'm a local :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there mosques near by?
Original post by JamieOH
Congrats :smile: Which college did you apply to?

Thanks! St Mary's :smile:
Original post by swissy9
Hi, I too applied then for Japanese and havent heard.
May I ask has she studies Japanese at gcse or A level?
What was her offer.
I am so jealous and really wish her well!

Did GCSE not a level! And offer was AAB
Hi,

I've got an unconditional offer (probs cos I've already got my A-levels) for MCompSci :biggrin: Super excited, though can't remember what college I applied for haha

Best of luck to everyone still waiting for offers!
Received an AAA offer to study philosophy! Really relieved since I didn't fancy UCL. Anyone else applied for philosophy? If so then best of luck!
I got an offer for Philosophy and Psychology (AAA) 😄
That helps relieve the pain of being rejected from Oxford slightly
Original post by micro-sloth
Received an AAA offer to study philosophy! Really relieved since I didn't fancy UCL. Anyone else applied for philosophy? If so then best of luck!

Hey, I just got an offer for philosophy and psychology! :smile: Which college did you apply to?
Original post by jennifer_susan97
Hey, I just got an offer for philosophy and psychology! :smile: Which college did you apply to?

Honestly I can't remember which one I applied to. Left it until last minute so I'm just glad to receive an offer. Anyway congratulations!
Original post by shakib.r
Is there mosques near by?

This is what Durham says about Islamic support if it helps:
"The University has a large and active Islamic Society with a dedicated Muslim Prayer Room on Old Elvet in the centre of Durham City. This room is used weekly, throughout the year, for Friday prayers as well as festivals and celebrations. To use the Prayer Room, and to contact other Muslim students at the University, please see the Islamic Society website.
Colleges: The University is able to offer services within its colleges to support Islamic students, including Halal food in most colleges. We also offer self-contained accommodation for women in the Shepherd Wing of St Mary's College and can provide single-sex flats in some of our self-catering accommodation at Josephine Butler College, Ustinov College, Stephenson College, John Snow Colleges and St Cuthbert's Society.If you would like to discuss any special requirements linked to your faith, please contact the College(s) you are interested in for further information about available facilities.
Muslim places of worship
Newcastle Mosque and Islamic Centre
Tel: 0191 226 0562
Malvern Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE4 6SU
Shah Jalal Mosque
Tel: 0191 272 450526-28
Sceptre Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE4 6PQ"
(edited 8 years ago)
I got an offer for Philosophy last night!
Got an offer for maths yesterday! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
Original post by IsaacMed17
Got an offer for maths yesterday! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Well done!!! Which college did you apply for? I applied for maths at Hatfield but am waiting for allocation
Original post by scratchedpaw
Well done!!! Which college did you apply for? I applied for maths at Hatfield but am waiting for allocation

Cheers! Applied for St Aidan's but won't hear till after March 1st probs :smile:
Reply 1758
Got an unconditional offer for Psychology! Though I already have my results :smile: Applied for Trevelyan but probably won't hear allocation till after March. Anyone else for psychology or trevs?
Reply 1759
Got an offer for Business and Management (1 yr placement)!! Not sure which college yet though. Shame Queens is off campus :/

Quick Reply

Latest