The Student Room Group

Half Term Revision Plans

Yay! It's half term... :banana:
Boo! Exams are looming... :unimpressed:

Are you planning on starting revision now? Will you be getting your notes all organised...Or maybe you'll be putting a revision plan together?

Alternatively are you seeing this as your last week of freedom before revision really kicks in?

Scroll to see replies

Revise around five hours every day, making up for time wasted earlier in the year. Though after the mocks I'll likely go back to my usual thing.
I did four and a half hours today.
Just had my half term. Just worked on my project for one of my subjects and forgot about the rest
I had a plan to do at least two hours today but spent that time on TSR...:frown:
What shall I do now?
Reply 5
Original post by Tank Girl
x

I am trying to condense my whole AS Biology subject into one half term, so far so good :wink: :biggrin:
I'll be mainly working on my coursework but I'm starting to condense my notes and add to the flashcards I made for my mocks :awesome:
Original post by Adamski2409
I had a plan to do at least two hours today but spent that time on TSR...:frown:
What shall I do now?

There's still plenty of time in the day, try doing some pomodoros :awesome: get rid of all distractions and turn off all technology, then work solidly for 25 mins (it doesn't even sound like that long!), then have a 5 minute break, then repeat 4 times and then have a 25 minute break :h:
Reply 8
going to try hit 8 hours a day so that I can have a chill Summer
Gonna try and complete all the questions in the AS maths books. :redface:
I've been away for the weekend, but "luckily" most of my mates are away all week, leaving me with family and revision, so I'll choose the latter...:biggrin:

Pretty much 4 hours today, and I've been making notes, which shouldn't take too long, then I'm going to murder as many past papers as the current number of trees in the world will allow:nopity:
Original post by Gingerbread101
There's still plenty of time in the day, try doing some pomodoros :awesome: get rid of all distractions and turn off all technology, then work solidly for 25 mins (it doesn't even sound like that long!), then have a 5 minute break, then repeat 4 times and then have a 25 minute break :h:

Thanks, I get distracted easily. I reckon I'm gonna do my History homework (essay on immigration after WW2 basically)
Thanks.
Original post by Vicky628
I've been away for the weekend, but "luckily" most of my mates are away all week, leaving me with family and revision, so I'll choose the latter...:biggrin:

Pretty much 4 hours today, and I've been making notes, which shouldn't take too long, then I'm going to murder as many past papers as the current number of trees in the world will allow:nopity:

Wow you killed it!
Original post by Adamski2409
Wow you killed it!

It's a necessary evil...:biggrin:
Original post by Vicky628
It's a necessary evil...:biggrin:

lol.
I can barely do two hours... :frown:
I'm blaming it on the flu and I don't want to revise :frown: But I killed all my practise exams and I probably revise for 5 minutes just before the exams. If I follow that technique, I normally get a few marks off a full house :biggrin:.
I just spent the past 2hrs revising Biology.- Will probably try and do 4 more hours tonight so I can make up for the time I wasted this morning.
Reply 17
I only did 3 hours today which definitely wasnt enough to make up for all the wasted months ugh. Signed up to a library today so hopefully tomorrow and the following days I'll be doing 6+ hours!
Well I'm making myself some tea or coffee now and shall work for the next few hours. Need to make up for lost time but it's there's just so much to learn and not enough time. Hopefully if I start revision now I can get dem As
I do three A2 subjects, with two topics within them for two and three topics for one of them (lol maths). I've decided to do two subjects per day by doing one topic between them. If I didn't do the subject today, then I'll definitely do it tomorrow. Unfortunately, up until today I've been messing about with revision - I'm particularly behind on my government and politics notes :colondollar: Off topic but if anyone would like to point me in the direction of good notes for Edexcel's political ideologies exams, it will be appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest