The Student Room Group

Shaw's year 12 gyg: trying to keep myself on track!!

Hiya!
I'm in year 12, studying Biology (OCR A), Maths (AQA) and Further Maths (AQA).
Right now I'm loving maths and FM but struggling to keep up with all the bio content. Once I start planning my time I should start finding time to revise......? (fingers crossed)
I'm starting this journal to try and remember to set myself goals everyday to hopefully actually achieve them :smile:

grades I would love to get: A*A*A*
-at the minute its looking like ? A*A
course at uni: Maths!

I may have a photos of Malala and Turing on my wall to keep me going.
'do it or don't. the time will pass anyways' - calling me out on my procrastination.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck! Further maths is quite difficult, but seeing that you love maths it should be fine
Reply 2
Original post by shaw867
Hiya!
I'm in year 12, studying Biology (OCR A), Maths (AQA) and Further Maths (AQA).
Right now I'm loving maths and FM but struggling to keep up with all the bio content. Once I start planning my time I should start finding time to revise......? (fingers crossed)
I'm starting this journal to try and remember to set myself goals everyday to hopefully actually achieve them :smile:

grades I would love to get: A*A*A*
-at the minute its looking like ? A*A
course at uni: Maths!

I may have a photos of Malala and Turing on my wall to keep me going.
'do it or don't. the time will pass anyways' - calling me out on my procrastination.

good luck with your y12 journeyyy!! 🤍
Reply 3
Thanks, year 14 now though 💀
Reply 4
Original post by Sakai04
Thanks, year 14 now though 💀

oooo what are you studying in uni?
Reply 5
Good luck! I also tak bio, maths, fm + chem.
Reply 6
Original post by study23!
Good luck! I also tak bio, maths, fm + chem.

Good choices!!! Although doing chem is brave of you 😭
Reply 7
Original post by milktee
oooo what are you studying in uni?

I've retook a year 😭mafs, fizzics and chem
Reply 8
Original post by Sakai04
I've retook a year 😭mafs, fizzics and chem

ahh alrightt 😭😭
Reply 9
Plan for Wednesday 31st
In my Study Period : Maths exercise
PAG book
After School: Biology revision
Application work
Maths video

guysss I'm going to get home at past 5 tomorrow because I have a lesson afterschool ☹️
At the moment my priority is catching up on missed work before I get even further behind. Do you guys have any tips for catching up whilst keeping up with all the regular work?? thanks x
Reply 10
Original post by shaw867
Plan for Wednesday 31st
PAG book
Application work
Maths video

guysss I'm going to get home at past 5 tomorrow because I have a lesson afterschool ☹️
At the moment my priority is catching up on missed work before I get even further behind. Do you guys have any tips for catching up whilst keeping up with all the regular work?? thanks x

I’d prioritise the catchup work first, so maybe do hour catchup then 30-45 mins new content? Because you don’t want to get even further behind but it’s best to understand the catch-up content before moving on. Also remember half term is soon so it’ll be a perfect chance to do a big catch-up if need be
Reply 11
Original post by shaw867
Plan for Wednesday 31st
PAG book
Application work
Maths video

Yay good day. Updated my PAG book, up to date with all my maths homework. Completed Bio revision. Who are your favourite maths youtubers? I've been looking at why the derivative of e^x is e^x. there were SO MANY videos, but I did find some great ones 🙂 Tomorrow I have two studies so will catch up on some Integral, do some marking and prereading for FM. Hopefully afterschool I will complete some more applications..... they are so tiring!!
Reply 12
Original post by shaw867
Yay good day. Updated my PAG book, up to date with all my maths homework. Completed Bio revision. Who are your favourite maths youtubers? I've been looking at why the derivative of e^x is e^x. there were SO MANY videos, but I did find some great ones 🙂 Tomorrow I have two studies so will catch up on some Integral, do some marking and prereading for FM. Hopefully afterschool I will complete some more applications..... they are so tiring!!

Omg today in fm stats my teacher taught us exponential integration and derivatives for some probability thing and we were confused! We’re supposed to have been taught it in pure first but oh well, guess I’ll have to learn it oddly 😂

Sounds like a good day though! And ikr applications are soooo tiring
Reply 13

Omg today in fm stats my teacher taught us exponential integration and derivatives for some probability thing and we were confused! We’re supposed to have been taught it in pure first but oh well, guess I’ll have to learn it oddly 😂

Sounds like a good day though! And ikr applications are soooo tiring

Thats such a coincidence!! I found it really interesting too. I actually cant believe the ucas ps is only 400 words and a certain amount of lines 😭. How am i going to put everything in??
Reply 14
Original post by shaw867
Thats such a coincidence!! I found it really interesting too. I actually cant believe the ucas ps is only 400 words and a certain amount of lines 😭. How am i going to put everything in??

Omg don't remind me, I just struggled fitting stuff into a 500 word summer school application how on earth are we gonna do this 😭😭😭 But isn't it changing or something for us maybe? Like they're splitting it into sections? Because that will annoy me so much especially if the sections have word counts too
Reply 15
Omg don't remind me, I just struggled fitting stuff into a 500 word summer school application how on earth are we gonna do this 😭😭😭 But isn't it changing or something for us maybe? Like they're splitting it into sections? Because that will annoy me so much especially if the sections have word counts too

Exactly, I just wrote an application it had 600 words and was keeping it on the short side!! I haven't heard it's changing but if it is I hope they increase the word limit even a little.
Original post by shaw867
Exactly, I just wrote an application it had 600 words and was keeping it on the short side!! I haven't heard it's changing but if it is I hope they increase the word limit even a little.

guys im so confuseddd. what are you all writing applications for. @study23! you too😭😭.
Reply 17
Original post by Tatakae L
guys im so confuseddd. what are you all writing applications for. @study23! you too😭😭.

Some volunteering applications, and I’m annoyed because a deadline for a clinical one I wanted was today but when I went to check the site it said that they’d closed it a week early due to so much interest 😭
Reply 18
Original post by Tatakae L

Summer schools, online courses and work experience stuff! I'm so bad with deadlines tho and get a bit stressed oops.
Some volunteering applications, and I’m annoyed because a deadline for a clinical one I wanted was today but when I went to check the site it said that they’d closed it a week early due to so much interest 😭

omds I litteraly did a aplication for volenteering and they rejected me saying they dont want a level kids who want to become drs in so many words. and also they said i dont have enough work experience with children when i litteraly did my WORK EXPERIENCE with children. idk theyre being a bit picky for volenteering, like bro im trying to help you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending