The Student Room Group

Seriously, any parties/raves?

Serious question, anyone know any raves or parties around London 😂? Honestly it's far fetched but I've got a week off and no motive.
Do something productive instead of being illegal and stupid.
Reply 2
I must have missed the memo about parties becoming illegal.
Original post by aarora
I must have missed the memo about parties becoming illegal.

Raves are illegal.
Reply 4
Original post by ivybridge
Raves are illegal.

Illegal raves are illegal.
Do something productive instead of being illegal and stupid.

he's young. this is the one time in his life that he has to do "stupid" things. if he was older then fine but he's young. let him enjoy his life. and let him enjoy this side of his life that's not going to be there forever, and may be ending sooner than we know (I don't know his age)
so many good clubs and stuff going on in London. Fabric, XOYO etc etc
Original post by RobML
Illegal raves are illegal.

A.K.A most raves. Lets be fair.
Reply 8
A.K.A most raves. Lets be fair.

So? They may be illegal but they're not malicious in any way
Original post by RobML
So? They may be illegal but they're not malicious in any way

Being 'malicious' isn't the only thing which constitutes something as being bad. Also, all the drugs and stuff at raves can be pretty harmful - 'maliciousness' definitely comes into it somewhere.
Reply 10
Being 'malicious' isn't the only thing which constitutes something as being bad. Also, all the drugs and stuff at raves can be pretty harmful - 'maliciousness' definitely comes into it somewhere.

If he wants to go it's up to him
Original post by RobML
If he wants to go it's up to him

Yes it is... and I have to agree and say "go, go" because?
Reply 12
Yes it is... and I have to agree and say "go, go" because?

You told him not to go. There's a middle ground... or pehaps just say nothing at all.
Original post by RobML
You told him not to go. There's a middle ground... or pehaps just say nothing at all.

Yes, because I would advise not going. That doesn't mean I'm saying, "you cannot go, it is impossible, I will stop you" - lmao.

"Perhaps... say nothing at all" - why? I can have my opinion. It isn't harmful or offensive to anybody. As such, what's your problem?
I know a good rave in London, Whirl-y-Gig. It is on once a month, so 27th this month. And it is a legal rave.

http://www.whirl-y-gig.org.uk/events/

The Guardian even did an article on it.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest