The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Had my history interview on Saturday. Honestly think I did so badly in it! I got the learning questions wrong at the end and the woman was not taking down any notes and looking a bit sceptical! I also had this whole speech prepared but she cut he out half way through. :frown:
Original post by Thedaniellamary
I haven't actually spoken to anyone who had an interview in History. I doubt that to be honest, the teachers seemed to be in a rush as they did have to get through 500 students but I'm sure that's not the case :smile:

I had one in history. Flopped it though.
Original post by Undec
Had my history interview on Saturday. Honestly think I did so badly in it! I got the learning questions wrong at the end and the woman was not taking down any notes and looking a bit sceptical! I also had this whole speech prepared but she cut he out half way through. :frown:
I'm sure you didn't do badly at all :smile: and exactly, I've spoken to quite a few people who said they didn't get the chance to speak about an area they were interested in that they prepared for including myself, I was a bit upset about that in all honesty
Did anyone do a physics interview with the principal? I did.
Original post by kennethdcharles
Did anyone do a physics interview with the principal? I did.
no I didn't but how did it go? :smile:
Original post by Thedaniellamary
no I didn't but how did it go? :smile:

Mine was good! I did get a very hard question at the end, which as we ran out of timr, he told me to email him the answer (which i still don't know). What was yout interview on and how did it go :smile:
Original post by kennethdcharles
Mine was good! I did get a very hard question at the end, which as we ran out of timr, he told me to email him the answer (which i still don't know). What was yout interview on and how did it go :smile:

Mine was English Lit and I analysed a sonnet and we spoke about Samuel Beckett and how authors interact with one another through their work. I felt it went alright but I don't have my hopes up in all honesty
I guess i should be happy that there are another batch of mocks coming up so i can take my mind off things
Original post by amarocks88
I guess i should be happy that there are another batch of mocks coming up so i can take my mind off things

Same, for two weeks
Original post by nasm
Same, for two weeks

Urgh well good luck
Urgh well good luck

You too!
Anyone did chemistry as an interview?!
Does anyone know whether the offers will be sent out as actual paper letters or just email?
Does anyone know whether the offers will be sent out as actual paper letters or just email?

Letters
Original post by alevels124
Letters

My post always gets lost FML :s-smilie:
Original post by alevels124
Letters

Will we get emails too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Will we get emails too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope we do seriously my post is sooo badd
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Will we get emails too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too sure but I remember Mr Handscombe saying that letters should be posted by 14th March so expect the actual letter to reach you 2/3 days after
Bit late but whatever. I arrived af 11:00 am on Februaury 13th wearing a formal shirt, tie and grey jumper matched with blue suit trousers and formal shoes. The headmaster gave his little speech ( tedious ) then all the Arts students, including myself, were ushered to the 6th floor. When I arrived there was a short wait for my interviews to begin. I found out I had 2 interviews. One with the head and one with a subject teacher. The first one was with the head, I felt it went very bad. He asked what my favourite subject outside of French( my main interview subject) was and I said History. He asked me what I enjoyed most and from then on the conversation was purely him challenging everything I said and putting me in a position were I had to think off my feet. I think I handled it well but made perhaps a bad first impression. 😞. My second interview came a little bit after that with a French teacher and it went superb! We discussed my interest in French and she taught me ( and I pretended to learn) something I already knew, so she was impressed I hope. We spoke for a while in French and It went very well, with no brain freeze and I was very happy. Overall my experience was okay but I feel the head does not like me very much. I still to this day havent a clue why I was given an additional interview ( I hope its not because I flopped my admissions test), so I was underprepared for the additional interview. I dont think I will recieve a place.
Original post by kamranali
Bit late but whatever. I arrived af 11:00 am on Februaury 13th wearing a formal shirt, tie and grey jumper matched with blue suit trousers and formal shoes. The headmaster gave his little speech ( tedious ) then all the Arts students, including myself, were ushered to the 6th floor. When I arrived there was a short wait for my interviews to begin. I found out I had 2 interviews. One with the head and one with a subject teacher. The first one was with the head, I felt it went very bad. He asked what my favourite subject outside of French( my main interview subject) was and I said History. He asked me what I enjoyed most and from then on the conversation was purely him challenging everything I said and putting me in a position were I had to think off my feet. I think I handled it well but made perhaps a bad first impression. 😞. My second interview came a little bit after that with a French teacher and it went superb! We discussed my interest in French and she taught me ( and I pretended to learn) something I already knew, so she was impressed I hope. We spoke for a while in French and It went very well, with no brain freeze and I was very happy. Overall my experience was okay but I feel the head does not like me very much. I still to this day havent a clue why I was given an additional interview ( I hope its not because I flopped my admissions test), so I was underprepared for the additional interview. I dont think I will recieve a place.
don't worry about it now, keep busy with revision. I'm sure you did amazingly, I feel everything felt that it could have gone better and it was definitely the most challenging interview we've all been in so it's a good experience. Maybe your interview with the headteacher may have been based on your other A-level options?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending