The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Ask a current Bristol student! 2016 entry

I'm a current Bristol first year who is willing to answer questions about your application, accommodation, student life or anything else you want to know about :smile:

Scroll to see replies

How lenient are Bristol w/ Entry Requirements? :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I've heard Bristol is mostly full of white middle class privately educated people, is this true? :smile:
Reply 3
is a history degree at bristol valued well?
Reply 4
Are there lots of attractive, promiscuous posh girls? :ahee:
Reply 5
I'm not too sure on this because everyone I know made their offer, but I know there are a lot of applications per place, so I would say they wouldn't be too lenient :smile:
Original post by SubZero~
How lenient are Bristol w/ Entry Requirements? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by nkm99
I've heard Bristol is mostly full of white middle class privately educated people, is this true? :smile:

It's true that there are a lot of this type of person, but there is also a lot of diversity in the student population. I thought that there would be a lot of typical 'snobs' but I was proved wrong - I haven't met one. (I'm a mixed race working class girl from south London and I get along fine, but I understand your concern.)
Reply 7
Original post by nkm99
is a history degree at bristol valued well?

I think it would be! Employers like Bristol and I have a friend who says the course is good :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by stefano865
Are there lots of attractive, promiscuous posh girls? :ahee:

Legit all I see.
Reply 9
Original post by alliah208
Legit all I see.

I like Bristol. :tongue:

What is your favourite thing about Bristol?
Do you know any physics or chemistry students at Bristol? If so, what's their impression of their courses? :beard:

Also, what do you study? :colondollar: (You don't have to answer this one if it's too personal.)
Reply 11
Original post by stefano865
I like Bristol. :tongue:

What is your favourite thing about Bristol?

Haha my favourite thing is the nightlife, there's something for everyone. Also, being a city uni means everything is so convenient and the shopping in Cabot Circus is good. It is VERY hill though.
Reply 12
Original post by Hydeman
Do you know any physics or chemistry students at Bristol? If so, what's their impression of their courses? :beard:

Also, what do you study? :colondollar: (You don't have to answer this one if it's too personal.)

I know some Chemistry people, they think the course is very good, you get a lot of contact hours and it's pretty challenging. Only complaint was that it's mostly 'wet' Chemistry (ie. liquids).

And I do Experimental Psychology:smile:
I know some Chemistry people, they think the course is very good, you get a lot of contact hours and it's pretty challenging. Only complaint was that it's mostly 'wet' Chemistry (ie. liquids).

And I do Experimental Psychology:smile:

Ah, I see. Thanks. :smile:

How affordable is the accommodation? Is accommodation guaranteed for the entirety of your degree or are students expected to go private at some point? :holmes:
Hey there! :smile:

I applied to Bristol for their new MArts course in Anthropology with Innovation. Have you heard anything about the innovation courses in general, by any chance?
Reply 15
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, I see. Thanks. :smile:

How affordable is the accommodation? Is accommodation guaranteed for the entirety of your degree or are students expected to go private at some point? :holmes:

I'm in catered and that's pretty expensive (£157 per week). Slef catered is better but still more expensive than some other unis. There is a lot of variation between city centre, clifton and stoke bishop residences. You are guaranteed one offer of accommodation for first year, but most second years move out to privately rent. This is cheaper than uni accommodation in most cases :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by mjones96
Hey there! :smile:

I applied to Bristol for their new MArts course in Anthropology with Innovation. Have you heard anything about the innovation courses in general, by any chance?

I have no idea, I'm sorry! I don't know anyone on an innovation course :P
I have no idea, I'm sorry! I don't know anyone on an innovation course :P

No worries :wink: They just introduced them this year and it's virtually impossible to find any real-life info on them. Oh well. I tried :smile: Thank you anyway!
Reply 18
Original post by mjones96
No worries :wink: They just introduced them this year and it's virtually impossible to find any real-life info on them. Oh well. I tried :smile: Thank you anyway!

No probs, sorry I wasn't more useful
:tongue:
Reply 19
Is there a certain way in which we get allocated accommodation? For example, is there any way of indicating what kind of person we are/ what kind of people we would rather share a flat with? e.g. lively and sociable or more quieter types? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending