The Student Room Group

AAA Course with A*AB, UoM, Bristol, Leeds, Cardiff, Bath

I’m looking to apply for economics and finance BSc, with an AAA requirement. With an A* in Math, A economics, B in CS for predicted grades. Plus an A in the EPQ how likely am I to make the courses for these unis or any AAA course in general?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by anond78
I’m looking to apply for economics and finance BSc, with an AAA requirement. With an A* in Math, A economics, B in CS for predicted grades. Plus an A in the EPQ how likely am I to make the courses for these unis or any AAA course in general?

Hello, before I advise can I just confirm if you're aiming to go to university this coming September? Or are you asking for a future year?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hello, before I advise can I just confirm if you're aiming to go to university this coming September? Or are you asking for a future year?

Hi, yeah Im aiming to apply for 2024 entry. Not this September, but next year
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by anond78
Hi, yeah Im aiming to apply for 2024 entry. Not this September, but next year

Okay, the simple way is saying this is to spread your entry grades out a little. So AAA is fine for one of your options, make sure to have 1 or 2 that are comfortably within your own predicted grades so that if you are rejected from some institutions you've got some really solid options.
Reply 4
Thank you thats really helpful! I am having trouble to find safeties that I like because I am really driven towards Bristol, UoM, and Bath, which all are around the AAA requirement. Apart from that, Cardiff is my only safe option with AAB-ABB for courses that I like. Do you recommend any other universities that are very good for a safety that I could possibly do research on?
I know Southampton is an option but I want to make sure that even my safeties are universities I am very pleased with.
Original post by anond78
Thank you thats really helpful! I am having trouble to find safeties that I like because I am really driven towards Bristol, UoM, and Bath, which all are around the AAA requirement. Apart from that, Cardiff is my only safe option with AAB-ABB for courses that I like. Do you recommend any other universities that are very good for a safety that I could possibly do research on?
I know Southampton is an option but I want to make sure that even my safeties are universities I am very pleased with.

I mean from this it looks like you're very much into cities (not London)?

In which case, I'd be pointing towards places like Newcastle, Liverpool, Sheffield, Nottingham. All big cities with large universities. Check out what they're offering but remember you want a course that is pitching a little lower on the offer grades than Manchester or Bristol.
Hi there,

Current Cardiff uni student here!

From what I can see, Cardiff's requirements for BScEcon Economics and Finance is AAB-ABB. Also, with an A in EPQ, you would typically have an offer one grade lower than this. Therefore, Cardiff seems really realistic for you - congratulations!

If you have any questions regarding Cardiff Uni, accommodation, student life etc, please let me know!

All the best,

Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Original post by anond78
Reply 7
Original post by anond78

Bath and Bristol have A*AA requirements
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
I mean from this it looks like you're very much into cities (not London)?

In which case, I'd be pointing towards places like Newcastle, Liverpool, Sheffield, Nottingham. All big cities with large universities. Check out what they're offering but remember you want a course that is pitching a little lower on the offer grades than Manchester or Bristol.

Actually I am not opposed to the idea of living in London I just thought that most universities in London with economics courses are around A*A*A - A*AA. If there are any places you would recommend in London I would be open to suggestions!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Laur3nce
Bath and Bristol have A*AA requirements

I am afraid that this is not true for Bristol. The requirement at Bristol is AAA, but lowers to ABB with a contextual offer. Bristol has a very porgressive policy of giving contextual offers to certain state schools (circa 40%) even if the applicant does not qaulify for any contextual reduction
Original post by anond78
Actually I am not opposed to the idea of living in London I just thought that most universities in London with economics courses are around A*A*A - A*AA. If there are any places you would recommend in London I would be open to suggestions!

My brain is not an entry-requirements bank so I wouldn't know where to start with recommending London unis. Everyone has a "type" of university that they seem to like, it was just my observation that your type is fairly large cities and so I recommended some that have sizeable unis. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there,

Current Cardiff uni student here!

From what I can see, Cardiff's requirements for BScEcon Economics and Finance is AAB-ABB. Also, with an A in EPQ, you would typically have an offer one grade lower than this. Therefore, Cardiff seems really realistic for you - congratulations!

If you have any questions regarding Cardiff Uni, accommodation, student life etc, please let me know!

All the best,

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

hi is EPQ essential I didn't do it.
Reply 12
Original post by Irenegcse
hi is EPQ essential I didn't do it.

it is not "essential" but it does help when it is time to receive your offers. for certain universities, an A and above in the EPQ will lower one grade requirement (EG. AAB --> ABB with an A in the epq).
The above is spot on :ditto:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending