The Student Room Group

What country has the best flag in the world?

Scroll to see replies

England

(edited 8 years ago)

The Somali flag, keep it nice and simple, people.
image.jpeg

Do not understand why three of the same attachment keeps coming out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by nucdev
"The colour saffron for courage,
The colour green is of blossoming progress,
The colour white is that of pure intentions.........."

Agree with the courage and blossoming progress part.....not so sure on the pure intentions, lol.
Original post by Yawn!
Agree with the courage and blossoming progress part.....not so sure on the pure intentions, lol.

Lmao they were the (translated) lyrics from a song :lol:
https://youtu.be/XBom5cYot3g?t=1m29s
Original post by Callous Twits
I'm reporting you on suspicion of supporting terrorists.
Nepal

Original post by TheOtherSide.
Nepal because of the cool shape:

I agree!
Original post by Wilfred Little
The French flag is good too.

I laughed waaaaaaaay too hard at this smh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Callous Twits

The IS flag looks like someone went on to Microsoft paint, and tried to draw "There is no God but Allah" "Mohammed is the Messenger of Allah" and they didn't even do so in a perfect circle. Like you have the circle tool and stuff

How on Earth does IS have really sophisticated and expensive looking videos released, and have a flag that looks like it was made by a five year old?
(edited 8 years ago)
Flag of Kiribati is quite nice. Also Kiribati is such a cool name for a country.

Of course, the one and only my Pak-sarzameen's flag!:u:

Pakistan!!:h::u:

C5bLkCLd5Z.png
Original post by User2072205
Of course, the one and only my Pak-sarzameen's flag!:u:

Pakistan!!:h::u:

C5bLkCLd5Z.png

I like Pakistan's national anthem; not so much the flag tbh
I knew someone would choose the ISIS/ ISIL flag
Original post by The_Internet
I like Pakistan's national anthem; not so much the flag tbh

Omg I love Pakistan's anthem!!! Its perfection!:love:

I love the green and white combo of our flag though!:h:
Original post by User2072205
Omg I love Pakistan's anthem!!! Its perfection!:love:

I love the green and white combo of our flag though!:h:

It'd be cooler if it was differently shaped. I think that's why I like the Nepal flag. Though someone posted the Bhutan flag and it has a dragon right through the centre, and it splits so symmetrically. That looks pretty cool. I guess I'm not so fond of "simple" flags

I guess I'm also not fond of "religious" flags, however admittedly this is one thing that I like about Saudi Arabia

The calligraphy is pretty cool admittedly.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Nationalism is mental slavery.

So you are not a patriot of your own country (assuming that you're British)? Shame on you. You should be proud to live in such a free, democratic society with values and justice unlike people in Syria and so many other countries across the world. I'm not sure if I will class myself as a Nationalist but I am most certainly a patriot and a strong supporter of Western policy and our Christian values.
For me it's this one :love:

Spoiler

the UK, and I'm not biased at all when I say that. it's just so ****ing awesome - the colours, the pattern, everything.
runners up:
-south africa (a ****ing awesome design with the colours involved and its meaning),
-egypt (loving the colour scheme and that eagle - so badass!),
-the new "new zealand" flag designs (check them out - they're going to be voting on them next month I've read),
-the US southern flag (some see it as a sign of racism but without that it's a great design),
-switzerland - it looks so simple but it's basically the sign of first aid which is lovely
I like the Georgian flag.

Quick Reply

Latest