The Student Room Group

Are Biomedical Science and Biochemistry degrees worth it?

The course modules appears very INTERESTING, but the careers prospects appear to be only lab based.
Original post by Anonbabes
The course modules appears very INTERESTING, but the careers prospects appear to be only lab based.

If you plan on remaining within the scope of your degree, the career prospects will be heavily associated with lab positions in industry or big pharma.

The truth is, if you are willing to apply and look outside of your comfort zone (the degree in itself), there are other opportunities available. Sales for big pharma/scientific equipment companies is an option. Other opportunities could be for a consultant, analyst, HR, law, food science, regulatory affairs, teaching, or medical affairs liason (although a higher degree is usually preferred here).
Reply 2
Original post by zombiejon
If you plan on remaining within the scope of your degree, the career prospects will be heavily associated with lab positions in industry or big pharma.

The truth is, if you are willing to apply and look outside of your comfort zone (the degree in itself), there are other opportunities available. Sales for big pharma/scientific equipment companies is an option. Other opportunities could be for a consultant, analyst, HR, law, food science, regulatory affairs, teaching, or medical affairs liason (although a higher degree is usually preferred here).

Hmmm. What course did you do?
Hmmm. What course did you do?

Biology.
Reply 4
Biology.

Regret it?
Regret it?

No regrets.
Reply 6
No regrets.

Why what are you doing now? :smile:
Why what are you doing now? :smile:

Twiddling my thumbs.

Waiting for my oral exam.
Twiddling my thumbs.

Waiting for my oral exam.

only people on this fourm at this hour have exams/coursework to do. Question is, are you an early bird or night owl?
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
only people on this fourm at this hour have exams/coursework to do. Question is, are you an early bird or night owl?

Not in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending