The Student Room Group

How to revise?

I have got my history controlled assessments coming up and i want to know how to revise for the history one. Is it going to be hard to get an A* or A. Any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by leeza_123
I have got my history controlled assessments coming up and i want to know how to revise for the history one. Is it going to be hard to get an A* or A. Any tips?

Can't really think about anything on the top of my head but, Just go over the marking scheme for old past papers for old tests. Also revise everything in sections. To get a higher grade remember to use lots of our own knowledge ,show it of and evaluate source questions by looking at the origin of it etc. That's all I can think of at the top of my head.
Reply 2
Will they have past papers for controlled assessmet and a mark scheme?
Reply 3
Original post by leeza_123

It depends on how good you are at history GCSE, so like structuring arguments, organising information and whatnot. It shouldn't be too difficult provided you know your topic. Teachers are generally pretty lenient with it as well.

Quick Reply

Latest