The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull new student accommodation building.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone was planning on staying in the new student accommodation building at Hull Uni, it says it will be ready for September 2016?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if they'll have any parking as I want to bring my car🙈

Thanks!!
Reply 1
hi
I have a offer for hull and if i go there i defo want the new block.
I am going to an applicant 5th of march and am going to do some digging as i want to take my car as well. I have spoken to someone their though and they said the block will be ready for September.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Hi

I was looking at the new student accommodation too, as it offers long contracts (I've made hull my firm for studying MH Nursing in september, so i require a longer contract compared to most courses).

As for parking i'm not sure (i'll also need to park/bring my car due to the nature of my course). But i'm pretty sure you can apply for a permit to park onsite like Taylor court (the other halls on campus).
I live at Taylor Court right now and have got a contract for the new block next year (going into third year) from the plans I can't see any car parking but I assume they'll just combine the Taylor Court with the new block. So far it looks to be going well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As nice as they look I'm heading over to the lawns! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
That`s where i got advised to stay in the first year see you there in September mate
Original post by bee_keziah
As nice as they look I'm heading over to the lawns! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice one! Which building are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm hoping to stay in the new accommodation too, the website just says it will be ready for September. Does anyone know when you can apply for it? I hope there is some parking too!!~~
Original post by LuceCuce7
I'm hoping to stay in the new accommodation too, the website just says it will be ready for September. Does anyone know when you can apply for it? I hope there is some parking too!!~~

Applications for accommodation open in May. Although as the system gets very busy and the completion may be high for the new build, which will be named The Courtyard.
I would suggest going for a standard room (there are over 500) as there are only 20 deluxe rooms and 28 apartments, which some have been allocated by continuing students
as for parking I'm not sure if there will be a separate parking area, but there is the Taylor Court Car Park not too far away which they may use for the new accommodation. I will ask at some point to clarify the car parking situation though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JDobson1995
Applications for accommodation open in May. Although as the system gets very busy and the completion may be high for the new build, which will be named The Courtyard.
I would suggest going for a standard room (there are over 500) as there are only 20 deluxe rooms and 28 apartments, which some have been allocated by continuing students
as for parking I'm not sure if there will be a separate parking area, but there is the Taylor Court Car Park not too far away which they may use for the new accommodation. I will ask at some point to clarify the car parking situation though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ thanks for this helpful info :biggrin:
i'm still wondering about the car parking though, may email admission and see if they can help me :smile:
Original post by Shadowsfear
^ thanks for this helpful info :biggrin:
i'm still wondering about the car parking though, may email admission and see if they can help me :smile:

I emailed and I am just waiting for a reply, will let you know when I hear anything :smile:
Original post by jessicabeth
I emailed and I am just waiting for a reply, will let you know when I hear anything :smile:

I've also emailed but yet to receive a response yet
Original post by Shadowsfear
I've also emailed but yet to receive a response yet

They said no parking provided but you can apply through the council for on street parking

Hope this helps
Original post by jessicabeth
They said no parking provided but you can apply through the council for on street parking

Hope this helps

That dose thanks :smile:
If you need parking, you're probably better off looking at the Lawns as that has plenty. The new accommodation does look nice but the uni car parks and the parking around uni is already quite busy and that's only going to increase with the new accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest